britney spears hospitalization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Per Wikipedia...
Schlessinger received her certification in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling from the University of Southern California (USC) and lectured at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), the University of California, Irvine, and Pepperdine University. It should be noted, however, that as of January 11, 2008, a search of the roster of professionals licensed by the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners to practice Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling, does not show her to be one so licensed.

Her own website claims she has post doctoral certification in counseling, but as above, a search could not verify it.

Putting it politely....I wouldn't exactly call it quality professional advice.

Members don't see this ad.

The one who really used to annoy me on that score was Dr. Laura. She has a Ph.D., but it's in physiology. I always felt she was misrepresenting herself by calling herself "doctor" in the context of an advice show even though she never specifically claimed to be a psychologist or any kind of mental health professional.

You and me both. In that context, I think she expected people to assume her doctorate was relevant to what she was saying. She got the official certification years after she was already on the radio and after she received tons of flack for not having any official psychology training.