Snowglobe!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Still trying
Visit site
Status
"I believe in the sanctity of marriage... I really do!" -BS

Ya. What ever. When she said that I believed her for oohh 0.000005 seconds.

---- To the lounge, us take. :eek:

About the Ads

klooless

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
I was watching the news earlier today. It was mentioned that some people thought the video was about suicide. And to clarify, Britney "reportedly" said it is not about suicide but about reincarnation.

I haven't seen the video, and being realistic, I won't (nothing at all against Spears, but because I don't watch MTV-type channels). But perhaps I have been able to provide insight...

CIAO

mellantro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
Status
britney should stop trying to make things deeper than they are. you are a silly pop star, stop trying to cross over into meaningful! like all this kabbalah and spirituality stuff, she's stretching big time. i mean i'll be the first one to admit that some of britney's songs are catchy, but she sounds so dumb when they interview her.

"yeah man.... it's about reincarnation..... yah.... it's very cool, man"

im not hating though, i love "toxic" :)

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
Status
Who has seen that show on MTV, "I want to look like a famous celebrity" or whatever it was called. The girl that wanted to be like Britney looked pretty good and really did resemble her. But what about the "girl" who wanted to look like J. Lo? :eek: Gross.

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DMBFan said:
Here is my post again (more or less) I accidentally deleted it.

I thought the video was pretty cool bc. it has a whole cyclical vibe to it. And it has references to stigmata. It really didn't remind me of suicide at all. And the beginning is really powerfully constructed bec. it shows the paparazzi as soo aggressive that you actually feel sorry for her for like half a minute (i know, i know she courts the media but I'm just being honest!)..
You are trying to find profound meaning in a Britney Spears video? If there is meaning in her video it wasn't her idea.

Ryo-Ohki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'm not sure why anyone wants to bestow any sort of profound philosophical significance on eye candy.

umass rower

Insert clever phrase here
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
How has this thread lasted in Pre-Allo for 4 and a half hours now? Mods must have been tired tonight. :)

rambo

Slightly Evil
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2003
Taking Wives
Visit site
Status
CalBeE said:
Beware of STD's, especially with one like B.S.
You're saying you wouldn't pork her?

trauma_junky

12 step pre-med rehab
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
NE_Cornhusker1 said:
i just got a post in on this while it's still in pre-allo. :thumbup:

*jumps on bandwagon* :thumbup:

About the Ads