Major0909

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Hey guys-

I've pretty much exhausted the kaplan qbook studying for shelfs throughout the year so was looking for another good question book for step 2 (in addition to usmle world)

Anybody use Brochert's 750 "mock exam" questions? And if so how did they think they helped for the exam

Thanks

sponch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2002
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Major0909 said:
Anybody use Brochert's 750 "mock exam" questions? And if so how did they think they helped for the exam
I used this book for a couple of sections and ditched it. Questions were too easy, in my opinion, and content was the same as material in Secrets & Crush only in multiple-guess format. I would recommend USMLE World. Like bootcamp, it'll kick your ass but you'll come out stronger. :)

manning18

10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2004
Status
There are quite a few reviews of this question book an amazon.com. While many of them are positive, one might want to exercise caution when relying heavily on Brochert's Mock Exam book, as some of the reviews on Amazon indicated (like the 2nd post in this thread) that the questions were not that hard and were, essentially, designed for people who used Crush/Secrets as their source of preparation. Many of the question stems are short and a lot of questions use the "LEAST/MOST/EXCEPT" format, which is not used much on Step 2-CK. I liked Brochert's Platinum Vignetts for Medicine, but have been thoroughly un-impressed with Cruch, Secrets and Mock Exam!!