Brown Alpert Med physics requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBiologist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I notice on brown's required courses page under the physics requirement it says "2 semesters to include the following topics: (and then it lists the topics)"

My question is, if my 2 semester sequence does not include optics or radiation/quantum physics - two of the topics listed under physics requirements - will I be disqualified from applying?

Should I call and verify or do you think it's trivial

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Do they have everyone submit a syllabus or something? o_O

No I doubt it, but the topics in the physics course are in the name, ex. Physics I: Mechanics & Thermodynamics

Maybe they will assume it's a side topic in the course, but I can't be sure

Members don't see this ad :)
I notice on brown's required courses page under the physics requirement it says "2 semesters to include the following topics: (and then it lists the topics)"

My question is, if my 2 semester sequence does not include optics or radiation/quantum physics - two of the topics listed under physics requirements - will I be disqualified from applying?

Should I call and verify or do you think it's trivial

Radiation is not quantum mechanics. It's just atoms decaying exponentially. Easiest part of intro physics.