TheBiologist

2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2015
United States
Status
Pre-Medical
I notice on brown's required courses page under the physics requirement it says "2 semesters to include the following topics: (and then it lists the topics)"

My question is, if my 2 semester sequence does not include optics or radiation/quantum physics - two of the topics listed under physics requirements - will I be disqualified from applying?

Should I call and verify or do you think it's trivial

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OP
TheBiologist

TheBiologist

2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2015
United States
Status
Pre-Medical
No I doubt it, but the topics in the physics course are in the name, ex. Physics I: Mechanics & Thermodynamics

Maybe they will assume it's a side topic in the course, but I can't be sure

leonardoson

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I notice on brown's required courses page under the physics requirement it says "2 semesters to include the following topics: (and then it lists the topics)"

My question is, if my 2 semester sequence does not include optics or radiation/quantum physics - two of the topics listed under physics requirements - will I be disqualified from applying?

Should I call and verify or do you think it's trivial

Radiation is not quantum mechanics. It's just atoms decaying exponentially. Easiest part of intro physics.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
It's unlikely this will matter.
I would simply say, it doesnt matter. You have two terms physics, you have fulfilled the requirement

Reactions: Mclovin0351