Brown and Yale child and adolescent psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peony

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'd love to get more information about these programs. A search for Brown turned up nada and a search for Yale turned up some mixed things (generally that it used to be awesome, it may not be as good now b/c some faculty left), but I'm curious if any recent grads or people can give me more insight. I also noticed that the Yale community track was not an option on ERAS. Is that something that one can only opt for once matched? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'd love to get more information about these programs. A search for Brown turned up nada and a search for Yale turned up some mixed things (generally that it used to be awesome, it may not be as good now b/c some faculty left), but I'm curious if any recent grads or people can give me more insight. I also noticed that the Yale community track was not an option on ERAS. Is that something that one can only opt for once matched? Thanks so much!

Hey,

Also applied to Yale. From what I gathered before, I think the Yale community track option shows up when you're ready to rank match. Hope this helps.

There is actually very little information about perceptions and experiences of fellowships, and almost all of it is on this forum. Brown and Yale both have very strong Child and Adolescent Psychiatry fellowships. It is the case that some faculty left the Yale Child Study Center but it continues to have a very large concentration of leaders in the field, probably more than any other individual institution. Prominent faculty that are still there include Dr Leckman (Tourette's/OCD), Dr King, Dr Silverman (Anxiety disorders), Dr Marans (Trauma), Dr Volkmar (ASD), Dr McPartland (ASD), Dr Martin (Education), Dr Bloch (everything), Dr Vaccarino (neuroscience research), etc... There are 12 endowed professors which is more than some programs have faculty altogether. Brown has the contrasting strength of a much larger clinical program with multiple inpatient units, a free-standing Child Psych Hospital, multiple IOP's and partial hospital programs, all run by very skilled clinicians, and with many strong faculty members as well, although not as many well-known scholars as Yale.