brown med school - selection factors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

legobikes

bikes made of lego
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it's a bit disingenous they list these as "gpa above 3.0", it's ridiculous. MDapps indicates their mean accepted gpa is somewhere around 3.75. I'm a bit leery of the stats that MDapps pumps out, so, for those of you who got in or know better--I was wondering if someone with a 3.5 stands a chance or not.

edit: oh yeah and is it true they take some very small number of the applications that go through the amcas?

Members don't see this ad.

I read somewhere that most of their spots are held for people in the 8-year program (BA/BS + MD). They only recently opened their program up to outside applicants, so competition might be stiff for the few spots.

dsh said:
I read somewhere that most of their spots are held for people in the 8-year program (BA/BS + MD). They only recently opened their program up to outside applicants, so competition might be stiff for the few spots.

I thought you could only get in through the Brown/Dartmouth combined program unless you got accepted to the 8 yr....

ryandote said:
I thought you could only get in through the Brown/Dartmouth combined program unless you got accepted to the 8 yr....

Admission is also open to post-bacc linkers and now regular applicants, but as was said, there are VERY few spots open to regular applicants (maybe 10ish?) so, yes, the competition is very tough.