legobikes

bikes made of lego
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I think it's a bit disingenous they list these as "gpa above 3.0", it's ridiculous. MDapps indicates their mean accepted gpa is somewhere around 3.75. I'm a bit leery of the stats that MDapps pumps out, so, for those of you who got in or know better--I was wondering if someone with a 3.5 stands a chance or not.

edit: oh yeah and is it true they take some very small number of the applications that go through the amcas?

dsh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2005
I read somewhere that most of their spots are held for people in the 8-year program (BA/BS + MD). They only recently opened their program up to outside applicants, so competition might be stiff for the few spots.

ryandote

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2006
Status
Medical Student
dsh said:
I read somewhere that most of their spots are held for people in the 8-year program (BA/BS + MD). They only recently opened their program up to outside applicants, so competition might be stiff for the few spots.

I thought you could only get in through the Brown/Dartmouth combined program unless you got accepted to the 8 yr....

GinGinChicken

I like chicken!
10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Medical Student
ryandote said:
I thought you could only get in through the Brown/Dartmouth combined program unless you got accepted to the 8 yr....

Admission is also open to post-bacc linkers and now regular applicants, but as was said, there are VERY few spots open to regular applicants (maybe 10ish?) so, yes, the competition is very tough.

About the Ads