Brown Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Brown really as idealic a med school as it seems in the brochure? Not only is it in picturisque Rhode Island, but you get the chance to study abroad and tailor your medical education as you like. It really encourages diversity by admitting those students who medically under represented and the 3rd and 4th years are there to tutor the 1st and 2nd years. There are also a couple of training hospital within a few miles from the school. I would like to have some opinions from those of you that are there right now, negatives about this school?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

As someone who applied to a multitude of medical schools a few years back and ended up at Brown Med, I can attest to the fact that yes, it is that good. If I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I would go back to Brown in the blink of a hat.

Rhode Island Hospital is the large teaching hospital - it is a major medical center with a variety of medical and surgical pathology that I thought I would never see. Women and Infant's is the seventh busiest OB floor in the country. Memorial Hospital and Miriam Hospital are great community teaching hospitals, nationally known for primary care and cardiology respectively. And yes, each of these hospitals is less than 2 miles from Brown's main campus.

The medical school administration is very responsive to the needs of its students. The school just named a vibrant new dean last year who has already influenced the school in a positive way. And Rhode Island is one of the prettiest states in the US with its abundant shorelines.

As a Brown graduate times 2 (both undergrad and medical school) I may be biased, but I loved my time here and would encourage anyone and everybody to apply...