Entirecropslost

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Do you think there is any point applying to Brown? B/c I had to rush my first wave of med school choices and didn't know that brown get's half their class from the undergrad/medicine program. ANYWAY the web page says only 3% of their class matriculated from AAMC, so the chances of getting one of the few spots is probably like .005%. What are your thoughts on this? Anybody still applying with their fingers crossed?

heeseop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Entirecropslost said:
Do you think there is any point applying to Brown? B/c I had to rush my first wave of med school choices and didn't know that brown get's half their class from the undergrad/medicine program. ANYWAY the web page says only 3% of their class matriculated from AAMC, so the chances of getting one of the few spots is probably like .005%. What are your thoughts on this? Anybody still applying with their fingers crossed?
i think they've expanded the school a little bit so about 33% of the class are non-BS/MD. still really hard to get in probably.

R-35

10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Southeast
Status
Attending Physician
heeseop said:
i think they've expanded the school a little bit so about 33% of the class are non-BS/MD. still really hard to get in probably.
I'm still giving it a try, it looks like a great school.

About the Ads

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
If you're a RI resident, then go for it.

If not, you probably shouldn't try unless you have great stats.
-Dr. P.

appleluver7

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Dr. Pepper said:
If you're a RI resident, then go for it.

If not, you probably shouldn't try unless you have great stats.
-Dr. P.
If you hold an undergraduate degree from Brown it will really help you.

About the Ads