Quantcast

brown u.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdforlife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
what do you guys think of brown's med school?
all positives and negatives will be appreciated.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
around the bowl, down the hole, go brown go!

Sorry I couldn't resist.

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"If it's brown, flush it down." Another timeless classic from elementary school. Sorry, I really don't know anything about Brown's medical school. From what I here, they basically don't even accept applications from AMCAS because all of their spots are reserved for the people in the Brown PLME program (joint undergraduate-med school BS/MD program) and a certain number of seats are reserved for Dartmouth undergrads because of an articulation agreement between the two schools.

kito

Big Evil
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
...because of an articulation agreement between the two schools.

Oh yeah? :laugh:

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ankitovich
Oh yeah? :laugh:

I was expecting something more along the lines of, "Thank you Mr. Obvious!" Well, have fun listening to Leonard Skynard songs. Don't forget to "chase dem fellars off da porch."

P.S.: The only reason I said that was because someone reading the post might think, "They're just reserving spots for people from other Ivy League schools...which isn't fair." However, the agreement/program between the two schools legitimizes the fact that Brown Medical is just exclusive to Brown and Dartmouth undergrads.

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think they accept MD/PHD students to. Not 100% positive on that one though, but pretty sure. But ya, not as highly regarded as their undergraduate programs.

Elizabeth1028

busy busy bee
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just interviewed at Dartmouth and they had a representative from Brown there who said that starting for the entering class of 2005, Brown would be accepting AMCAS applications for regular admission. Just thought that was interesting.