mdforlife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
what do you guys think of brown's med school?
all positives and negatives will be appreciated.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
around the bowl, down the hole, go brown go!

Sorry I couldn't resist.

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
"If it's brown, flush it down." Another timeless classic from elementary school. Sorry, I really don't know anything about Brown's medical school. From what I here, they basically don't even accept applications from AMCAS because all of their spots are reserved for the people in the Brown PLME program (joint undergraduate-med school BS/MD program) and a certain number of seats are reserved for Dartmouth undergrads because of an articulation agreement between the two schools.

About the Ads

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by ankitovich
Oh yeah? :laugh:

I was expecting something more along the lines of, "Thank you Mr. Obvious!" Well, have fun listening to Leonard Skynard songs. Don't forget to "chase dem fellars off da porch."

P.S.: The only reason I said that was because someone reading the post might think, "They're just reserving spots for people from other Ivy League schools...which isn't fair." However, the agreement/program between the two schools legitimizes the fact that Brown Medical is just exclusive to Brown and Dartmouth undergrads.

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status (Visible)
I think they accept MD/PHD students to. Not 100% positive on that one though, but pretty sure. But ya, not as highly regarded as their undergraduate programs.

Elizabeth1028

busy busy bee
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2004
Baltimore, MD
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I just interviewed at Dartmouth and they had a representative from Brown there who said that starting for the entering class of 2005, Brown would be accepting AMCAS applications for regular admission. Just thought that was interesting.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.