BRS Behavioral Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnisles2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished first year and would like to do some light USMLE review this summer.

I want to buy BRS Behavioral Science because it's supposedly the best for a relatively easy topic to review for. HOWEVER, it occurred to me that with DSM 5 coming out in 7 days, a lot of the info in the book might become suddenly outdated.

What do you guys think? Should I wait for the next edition to come out after DSM 5? Does anyone know if they have been keeping it current with the DSM 5 drafts or anything?

Thanks,
John

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished first year and would like to do some light USMLE review this summer.

I want to buy BRS Behavioral Science because it's supposedly the best for a relatively easy topic to review for. HOWEVER, it occurred to me that with DSM 5 coming out in 7 days, a lot of the info in the book might become suddenly outdated.

What do you guys think? Should I wait for the next edition to come out after DSM 5? Does anyone know if they have been keeping it current with the DSM 5 drafts or anything?

Thanks,
John

If I were you I would wait, I know the dsm changes won't be reflected on the current board exam but will be next year-ish.

Honestly, your time would probably be better spent on some pathoma, brs phys, or another first year subject that was trouble for you. That or just enjoy your last summer ever dude, sh@t hits the fan come boards time and you won't regret having a good summer between 1st and 2nd year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We had our Behavioral Science course first thing in 2nd year it was basically a 2 week course straight from BRS, when it came to study for boards it was all a complete blank. It's one of those things if you don't use it you lose it.

If you're systems based I would just recommend visiting FA for the sections you've covered, if you're not then the first chunk of FA.

Truthfully though, I'd recommend just chilling the hell out, it's your last summer, enjoy it.

I think new BRS edition just came out, so a new edition isnt going to come out in a while

Members don't see this ad :)
I had studied a lot of extra behavioral for my exam bc it was always my worst subject, and it was a complete waste of time. All of the behavioral questions I had were purely intuition- / social-IQ based.

I had studied a lot of extra behavioral for my exam bc it was always my worst subject, and it was a complete waste of time. All of the behavioral questions I had were purely intuition- / social-IQ based.
Phloston we need more of your powerpoints!
Please.
That is all.
Thank you