BRS Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have thoughts on the new 4th edition?

Members don't see this ad.

Major and well needed overhaul, really a rebuilding from the ground up. Lots of clinical correlations. Lippincott is a tough act to beat, but this new BRS will give it a run for its money by being more concise, having more questions, and emphasizing clinical applications. If you like the other BRS books, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks. I just bought it. I figured my used copy of BRS Biochem with a copyright of 1994 wouldn't cut it. :)

Hey UCLAStudent!

I'm gonna be studying for Step I this summer in LA (near Westwood) but am currently enrolled in an out of state med school. Any suggestions on where to study in your area (can I get into a library at UCLA) and any way to hook up with med students who are interested in studying together?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey UCLAStudent!

I'm gonna be studying for Step I this summer in LA (near Westwood) but am currently enrolled in an out of state med school. Any suggestions on where to study in your area (can I get into a library at UCLA) and any way to hook up with med students who are interested in studying together?

Hey pinkie :)

The med student floor of UCLA's Biomedical Library (where lots of people study) requires an ID card. There are a ton of libraries on the undergrad campus that might be worth checking out. About arranging a study group --- when are you taking Step I? UCLA MSIIIs start their third-year clerkships in June, so my class will be studying during the spring.