BRS or RR Biochem for studying for class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brachiocephalic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure which one to get

Members don't see this ad.

justdoit31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used RR and thought it was fine but Pelley was also our prof so it was an obvious choice

Members don't see this ad :)

islandCrazy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of my classmates use BRS. I prefer lippincott over those two.

Rollo

Renowned Wolf
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lippincott for sure.

The pictures and concept maps at the end of each chapter really hammer in the material.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used High Yield Biochem. I liked it...

Encephalectomy

PGY-0
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lippincott for sure.

The pictures and concept maps at the end of each chapter really hammer in the material.

also recommend lippincott. It is a really great book for biochem class (though too long for board review IMO)

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had both RR and Lippincotts. I liked them both, but RR is definitely true to the title and more for review.

Brachiocephalic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think i'll stick with lippincott chapter summary diagram and coursenotes for now, would be too lazy to read anymore than that, thanks for the advice

itellitlikeitis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lippincott served me well when I had biochem (no experience with BRS or RR). Their summary charts really helped in putting everything in perspective

SirGecko

Go Navy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lippincott! I had BRS as well (it was issued to us in our bookset) and I thought it was ok but there were a few errors that were annoying. (like putting the wrong answers to a problem set at the end of a chapter)

boaz

shanah alef
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lipincott's for class, BRS or RR for review. The latter are purely review and you won't understand wtf is going on if you use it for class readings.

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lipincott's for class, BRS or RR for review. The latter are purely review and you won't understand wtf is going on if you use it for class readings.

Pretty much. I love outlines but the value in them is when you already have an understanding of the material...and making them yourself helps too.

Belleza156

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Use Lippincott to understand the course material/power points. When studying for the exam use BRS to have a fast review and use the questions at end of chapters from BRS.