BRS Path mistake!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotrancer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I losing my mind from studying too much?

in the newest edition of BRS Path, p. 212 clearly indicates parathyroid like activity of SCC of lung. Question 4 on p. 213 lists choice C as a wrong choice. While choice D is correct, that paraneoplastic syndrome of SCC is associated w/ elaboration of ACTH, and SIADH, there is also PTH like activity of lung SCC.

If any of you have ever seen the movie "white chicks"...I think I'm going to have a BF and I'm gonna write a letter!

Members don't see this ad.

neurotrancer said:

in the newest edition of BRS Path, p. 212 clearly indicates parathyroid like activity of SCC of lung. Question 4 on p. 213 lists choice C as a wrong choice. While choice D is correct, that paraneoplastic syndrome of SCC is associated w/ elaboration of ACTH, and SIADH, there is also PTH like activity of lung SCC.

If any of you have ever seen the movie "white chicks"...I think I'm going to have a BF and I'm gonna write a letter!

Should have gone with Rapid Review Path !

Small Cell Carcinoma = SIADH

does SCC = small cell or sqamous cell?

neurotrancer said:

PTH-like activity is noted with squamous cell carcinoma of the lung, not small cell carcinoma.

cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, above posters nailed it. Squamos cell is associated with PTHrp while Small cell is associated with a number of hormones one of which is ADH but there are others.

issue solved. Thanks!

I feel like OSUdoc knows Goljan. Can anyone confirm?

rockit said:
I feel like OSUdoc knows Goljan. Can anyone confirm?
well considering he is an avid bragger of having goljan as a prof... i would think so. lol. ...not there is anything wrong with this!

what's the difference of the 2nd ed from the newest ead? any significant changes?

the format is the most significant thing. 2nd edition is written with bullet points, much like you'd see after a session of note-taking in lecture. 3rd edition is written in complete sentences. I personally stuck with 2nd edition for the past month of boards studying cuz I hate reading complete sentences if I don't have to...