BRS Pathology or Robbins Pocket Companion???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlondeCookie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know most people use either a review book such as BRS, High Yield, or Rapid Review for USMLE Pathology prep, but what about using Robbins Pocket Companion instead?

I have Robbins Pathology (big book) and seems like the Pocket Companion would work well to complement and it's small enough. What do you think about using the Robbins Pocket Companion as a review book instead of the popular ones mentioned? Has anyone tried this? Just wondering how useful this Pocket Companion book really is.

Members don't see this ad.

I know most people use either a review book such as BRS, High Yield, or Rapid Review for USMLE Pathology prep, but what about using Robbins Pocket Companion instead?

I have Robbins Pathology (big book) and seems like the Pocket Companion would work well to complement and it's small enough. What do you think about using the Robbins Pocket Companion as a review book instead of the popular ones mentioned? Has anyone tried this? Just wondering how useful this Pocket Companion book really is.

I read big Robbins during coursework (we don't get classnotes for path) and golijan's rr text. I think rr is good because it highlights the more high yield topics and integrates pharm/biochem etc which I think you'd be missing out on by only using baby Robbins. Just my 2 cents.

For board prep, you only need Rapid Review. It is specifically designed for the boards.

So basically I agree with the previous poster.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I actually have the Goljan Rapid Review of Pathology book, and I've been using it as a reference if there was something in my class notes that I didn't completely understand. However, since it is in outline format, I thought it might be a harder read (I think this issue was discussed somewhere else). One of my classmates had the Robbins Pocket Companion, and from a first glance, it looked like it would be a good review (we have a cumulative final in Pathology and Pharmacology at our school). I've also heard good things about BRS Path since it is not in an outline format.