1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Pharm vs. Katzung and Trevor Pharm Review

Discussion in 'Step I' started by UVAdoc, May 25, 2008.

1. UVAdoc

UVAdoc Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Has anybody read BRS Pharm? It doesn't have as high of a grade in First Aid as the Katzung review book, but I find that Katzung book to be a bit over-detailed and confusing in comparison (not to mention much longer). I am just starting my detailed pharm review, and I have both books so I just want to pick the one that would be best to annotate FA with. Any comments/opinions would be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MedLover25

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i have both books. i think both are pretty good. I'm in pharm right now so its not the same as boards review, but I just love how that Katzung & Trevor book is written. They explain things very well imo.

You could always do BRS and if you don't "get" something look it up in the Kat book.

Kaplan Home Review is also really good for Pharm

4. UVAdoc

UVAdoc Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks a lot for the thoughts. Katzung just seems a little too dense for boards. I used it for class and liked it but I think I am going to try and get by with BRS, FA and pharm cards.

5. Fireboy

Fireboy Member
    5+ Year Member

Anything outside of FA and a question bank for pharm is WAY overkill. The pharm questions on the exam are very straightforward for the most part.