ManuChao

Removed
Apr 4, 2010
Status
Hello.

I am curious about what exactly it means to be placed "on hold" at Bryn Mawr.

How likely is it to be offered admission once you are "on hold"?

Is it basically the same as being rejected?

What are the stats for % of people accepted, rejected, and placed on hold at Bryn Mawr?

It just seems odd to me that what is a good but not elite college has such a selective post bacc program.

Does anyone here know anyone who has been on hold and then gotten accepted?

Also, they told me I won't know until the end of April what their final decision is.

How appropriate would it be to make a deposit at another school that has accepted me, and then potentially break that commitment to attend Bryn Mawr?

ManuChao

Removed
Apr 4, 2010
Status
Another thing I was considering. Even if I was admitted from "hold" status at the end of April, I might not have time to get ready for a summer start. Is there a disadvantage to a fall start?

student14

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I was told the same thing, so I'm looking for some answers as well - not sure what to expect here...

Mar 12, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Have you guys tried emailing your interviewers at BM and asking them some of these questions? It seems like the post-bac advisors are pretty friendly and forthcoming about the admissions process.

As far as a fall vs. summer start: we went over this in great depth on my interview day. The only disadvantage to a fall start is that you aren’t eligible for most linkages because you won’t be ready to take the MCAT until late next summer. So you can only apply to a linkage school that will take you without an MCAT score (Brown and I think 2 others from their list…). Otherwise it doesn’t sound like there is much of a difference.