BS/MD GAP Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppofad

Reaction score
Hi, My C is in a BS/MD program and will be finishing in 3 years but cannot matriculate to Medical as the college doesn't allow that. Child is interested in Public Health but there are very few in-person PH programs that can be done in 1 year. We also heard usually PH 1 year courses are done by medical students/Md/Phd students. Do you have any recommendations how well she can utilize her gap year to be more successful in medical/residency? Is it good to do MBA/MHA or research or work? Are there any great programs? She saw something in Case western not sure if this is worth but thought experience would be much better. Any other good programs?

Members don't see this ad.

If they are in the BS/MD program, I don't understand why the path isn't clearly outlined for their entry into the affiliated medical school.
Is it a matter of not meeting the benchmarks (GPA, MCAT) for MD admission within the BS/MD program?

If they are in the BS/MD program, I don't understand why the path isn't clearly outlined for their entry into the affiliated medical school.
Is it a matter of not meeting the benchmarks (GPA, MCAT) for MD admission within the BS/MD program?
Everything is outlines clearly. It's just that the child is completing BS in 3 year but they don't let them matriculate early to medical college. So there will be a 1 gap year.