BS passage strategy and VR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steps25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,
I am retaking my MCAT in March to improve on my poor VR score (6) and do better on the BS (10). As per Sn2d's schedule, I'm working on a daily dosage of two VR passages from examkracker 101. I thought I was improving; used to get 50% of a passage right initially to now getting 100% of it correct (timed conditions) ........until I bumped into the princeton HL verbal. Some passages are insanely difficult, cant seem to comprehend unless I reread it. I personally think the princeton verbal was a lot harder than the MCAT I took last year. Does any recent MCAT takers second this?
Now onto my BS section....I scan the passage and note the location of some terms and as I answer the questions individually, I refer back to the passage. Is this the right strategy? Does anyone have a better technique at attacking these dense info-filled Bio passages?
Thank you for your valuable inputs in advance. Glad to be part of this wonderful network of helpful pre-meds!:)

Members don't see this ad.