bs strategies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
it seems like there's a lot of discussion about ps and verbal strategies but not a lot about bs. bs is consistently my lowest score on the kaplan tests. i'm satisfied enough with the ps and verbal scores to know i don't need to focus much more effort on that. however, i've made 9's on bs on the last two tests, and i want at least a 10 on the real thing. what should i focus on knowing and what study strategies work best for bs. note that i'm not a biology major, hence my difficulty, and haven't had anything beyond general biology stuff and organic several years ago.

Members don't see this ad.

exlawgrrl said:
it seems like there's a lot of discussion about ps and verbal strategies but not a lot about bs. bs is consistently my lowest score on the kaplan tests. i'm satisfied enough with the ps and verbal scores to know i don't need to focus much more effort on that. however, i've made 9's on bs on the last two tests, and i want at least a 10 on the real thing. what should i focus on knowing and what study strategies work best for bs. note that i'm not a biology major, hence my difficulty, and haven't had anything beyond general biology stuff and organic several years ago.

You are right in that bs is not typically discussed probably because almost everyone on this forum is either a bio major or minor. Therefore, they had tons of exposure to bio. If I were you, I would take the EK bio review book, which I have and it is fantastic so far, and I would diligently go through all of the material. If you know all of that material , you should have no problems acheiving your goal. Remember , examkrackers is very accurate and they tend not to give you extraneous material to study from. The material they give you is basic and logical. Just study it well, and you'll do fine I think.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took TPR but I never studied Bio from their biological review book...things the size of yellow pages...I like how EK takes out a lot of stuff and as for the memorization part...I think you'll find that stuff like the kidneys and digestion, respiration is basically a few stuff that can become permanently implanted by practice. Also, most of the bio stuff has a lot of the answers in the passage if you read a little carefully.

exlawgrrl said:
thanks, dave! i have the examkrackers book, and it does seem to help. i still need to commit some stuff to memory, though, such as how to kidneys work and fun stuff like that.

no problem exlawgrrl...lol I'm always glad to help