BU and Tufts housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

galangvu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
to all the newbies to Boston, how are you guys looking for housing and roommates? I have no idea where to start. i checked out Craig's list, but I'm not familiar with which area is a "safe" place to live.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm moving from oregon and I'm having a hard time too. Today I found that Beacon street Apartments are very popular and within 2 miles of the school.

When I searched craigslist I looked in:
Allston - cheaper, but I heard not as nice (Sketchy)
Fenway
Brookline
Coolidge Corner - more expensive

Most listings on craigslist have a map search. I clicked on that and then clicked on driving directions. I entered the schools address (100 E newton st) and then found out how far away each location was. THat helped a lot. Hopefully it helps for you. Let me know if you find any good studios =) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is looking for a roomate or wants to look for a place together...hit me up. I'm not currently in Boston...(i'm female if that matters ):)

So I'm looking for a roommate to live with in the Devonshire apartments..its a high rise in downtown Boston. Has a doorman, laundry, conceirge. everything. Let me know if you're interested!

yeah i am looking for a place and a roommate in boston also, i emailed the housing coordinator and he said something about a roommate survey and housing listings in the next two weeks. so hopefully something will pan out.

tufts d'10

untouchablegyrl said:
So I'm looking for a roommate to live with in the Devonshire apartments..its a high rise in downtown Boston. Has a doorman, laundry, conceirge. everything. Let me know if you're interested!

how much/month?