BU, Dartmouth, VCU, or Barry University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zebrafish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking to get feedback about these programs and which ones will help my credentials for the next app. I would really appreciate all input, esp. from people who have gone to any of the programs. Here they are:
BU- MA in Medical Science Conc. in Oral Biology
Dartmouth- MPH
VCU- Post Bac. in Micro or Biochem
Barry University- MS Biomedical Science
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

BU- MA in Medical Science Conc. in Oral Biology
BU's GMS program is pretty straightforward. You take certain classes (like Physiology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc) with first year dental students. The grading scale for these courses are different than the one made for the dental students, so it's easier to get a good grade as a GMS student.

The downside is; the program is expensive ($35K/year - I think). But if you do fairly well, your chances of getting into a dental school will be very high, especially at BU.

Good luck

BU's GMS program is pretty straightforward. You take certain classes (like Physiology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc) with first year dental students. The grading scale for these courses are different than the one made for the dental students, so it's easier to get a good grade as a GMS student.

The downside is; the program is expensive ($35K/year - I think). But if you do fairly well, your chances of getting into a dental school will be very high, especially at BU.

Good luck

Hey Save yourself some money. Go wherever its cheaper, or wherever you'll have more fun; work hard and you'll get into dental school somewhere.