BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine and NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trannguyen15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those attending these schools, can you please help me what you like and don't like about the school? I really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Bu students always complain about APEX (basically takes up your whole summer break I think). But BU is definitely a better program than NYU and cheaper. BU also has an implant surgery robot from what I hear. they should have their new lobby done too if it isn't done already

Some resources you can try are: google, their website, brochures from their school, talk to students that went there on instagram, search old sdn posts about people who go/went to these schools and their reviews, etc. Remember, the supplementals are your chance to show you did your research on the school by writing something you believe the school has that will genuinely make your education better. Also keep in mind, the schools barely give any weight to these, so spend a day tops writing any given one!

Spend a bit of time to research the school. It will make your supplemental better/more personal and will improve your interview if you get one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright dude, it’s not hard to find info about these schools. Try google, their website, brochures from their school, talk to students that went there on instagram, search old sdn posts about people who go/went to these schools and their reviews, etc. I don’t want to see 20 posts for every time you have to write a supplemental. These are your chance to show you are thinker and did your research on the school by writing something you believe the school has that will genuinely make your education better. Also keep in mind, the schools barely give any weight to these, so spend a day tops writing any given one!

Spending a bit of time to research the school will make your supplemental better/more personal and will improve your interview if you get one.

Wow! This is some response...
It is true what you are saying. That's what I did in the past.
I am just curious, who are you?

Regarding OP's question, here are some resources are written by the students from each program.

Here is BU/NYU feedbacks after the interview

These are a great start!

Reactions: 1 users
Wow! Nothing like technology you will never own in the real world to justify tuition prices
NYU charges $100,000 per lecture... at least you can see a cool robot? if they let pre-doctoral students anywhere near it

I looked into both programs when I was choosing my school and can admit that Boston definitely has better technology than NYU but where are you getting that BU is cheaper? Both schools are around the same when it comes to Tuition (both at ~82k) + fees (both at ~12k), and Boston COL is not much less than NYC COL, if not the same.
BU gave me a fantastic scholarship, I don't think NYU gives out that many. Maybe you have a shot at that.
I agree with the last poster that the APEX program seems more of an inconvenience. I had a great time interviewing there but I did not get that "feeling" I had at Columbia.

How can you be interested in a half a million dollar investment and not do your own research? There is an active Q/A thread on the front page of this subforum that I am sure you have not bothered to look at

I looked into both programs when I was choosing my school and can admit that Boston definitely has better technology than NYU but where are you getting that BU is cheaper? Both schools are around the same when it comes to Tuition (both at ~82k) + fees (both at ~12k), and Boston COL is not much less than NYC COL, if not the same.
sorry I did not check both school sites recently, but when I compared a few years ago I remembered BU being slightly cheaper. I do think col is cheaper in Boston than in NYC. hopefully rents in both markets will decline in the upcoming year. after Sep 1st, I think Boston land lords will realize there are a ton of vacancies due to students doing online school and rents after should be cheaper

Did you end up choosing BU or NYU? I have to currently make that decision, and it is difficult to decide between the two. Any advice?

Did you end up choosing BU or NYU? I have to currently make that decision, and it is difficult to decide between the two. Any advice?
BU. NYU has more hidden costs. and their class size at 400 is ridiculous. smaller class sizes mean a lot, more feedback, easier to specialize. especially if covid's going to be around for a couple years until people get vaccinated

Reactions: 1 user
BU. NYU has more hidden costs. and their class size at 400 is ridiculous. smaller class sizes mean a lot, more feedback, easier to specialize. especially if covid's going to be around for a couple years until people get vaccinated
Thank you so much for your perspective and input! I really appreciate the advice, and I am currently leaning towards choosing BU :)