Bu interview 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It seems positive..
What about those who din't receive "Hold after Review" e-mail?
Anyone?

I did not even receive "application under review" email. I dunno if I will ever get any such sort of email. I have received "application complete" email sometimes at the end of Sept. I only have 84 in part 1 and 96 in TOEFL, but I have MDS in oral surgery, one peer reveiwed publication, 10 yrs of pvt practice, 3 years of Dental school teaching exp..and almost 1 yr of Dental assisting teaching exp in USA... is this not a package enough to offset my bad part 1 scores??? can somebody help me pls???

Members don't see this ad.

I did not even receive "application under review" email. I dunno if I will ever get any such sort of email. I have received "application complete" email sometimes at the end of Sept. I only have 84 in part 1 and 96 in TOEFL, but I have MDS in oral surgery, one peer reveiwed publication, 10 yrs of pvt practice, 3 years of Dental school teaching exp..and almost 1 yr of Dental assisting teaching exp in USA... is this not a package enough to offset my bad part 1 scores??? can somebody help me pls???

Ya, I also didn't get any under review email yet.......got completion in late october...ofcourse you got a great profile.....I hope that you will get call...Good luck........

hi begottedBDS ..SAME PROFILE HERE..pg/84/96....2 peer review publications..5ry teaching exp..shadow ..researh ..6 presentaions..filed application in sept...NO CALLL....last hopes from nyu and bu..

Members don't see this ad :)
such senior docs also leving india! :eek:
it tru tht ther is nothing in india...
i m v happy v youngsters leving early. :D
all the best seniors. pray god, dont giv up. :thumbup::xf:

Any updates/interview calls in 2011?

Please share!
Thank you.

Havn't heard anything from BU . did anyone else got an iv call?

I hope everybody here gets in the school of their dreams and get their degrees. Before you join the school though, be sure to see if the school meets your goals for education and prepares you for the work in the future. I recently worked with a graduate from BU advanced standing class and honestly was not impressed with her skills or knowledge. It seemed like the program did not prepare her for the real work in the dental office at all. Maybe that was just that one person, but if the school graduate dentists with that kind of skills, it doesn't look good for the school.

Last edited:
I called boston today & they said that they will be interviewing till end of February & will be sending Invitation till end of Jan.. Has anyone with hold after review heard something?? As now its very close call people.. plz post any update & keep on calling them..

I got a "hold after Review" mail too but hav'nt heard anything from them after that.. They are sending out their last invites in January?? If it's really so.. then its terrifying..Isn't anybody getting IV calls? Or atleast nobody is posting them here..

hey..even i got ON HOLD email way back in december. After that i have not heard anything from them. They stated in the email that, interviews will last till end of February and may up till march. I know so many people who got the same email like us. and they have also not heard much from them after that. just one way will be to keep touch with them and keep fingers crossed...:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Its kinda of strange that almost half of jan is gone and no one has heard anything from BU. The process must be going on but what is actually going on ... no updates about iv or call , are they still going through all the applications.... ??

Got interview invitation just 5 min ago!!!
I'm so happy!!!
I applied in Dec.
NBDE 94
TOEFL 98
GPA 3.48

Good luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations for the invitation!
Could you please tell us how did they inform you by email or phone ?

Also did you get an email earlier saying that "hold after review"?

Your answer will be appreciated & Good Luck!

Got interview invitation just 5 min ago!!!
I'm so happy!!!
I applied in Dec.
NBDE 94
TOEFL 98
GPA 3.48

Good luck everyone!!!

Congratulatiion!!!! Can you tell us your other profile .. I mean... what else you did like observeship here in US or other volenteer work, etc....
And also have you received HOLD AFTER REVIEW email...
Thank you...

I was informed by email.
Firstly I got "application complete",then "under review",then "interview invitation".All within 1 month.
I was not sure if any university will invite me,coz i applied so late(dec) and have no US experience and little one in Russia. I am freshly graduated in 2009.
So I believe,that my NBDE score matters,coz I do not have any advantages than that.

What do you guys think i should expect on interview?Just personal things?
Does it mean that I am "almost" accepted?Coz all the personal info is available for them at my personal statement on CAAPID.
Do you know people who were rejected after interview in BU?
How soon do they let you know the answer?

Thanks

@ Svetlana,

Congrats !!! When is your interview ?

@ svetlana

congratulations

Last edited:
Hello, anybody else received an interview call after receiving HOLD AFTER REVIEW email..... ???????

Kinda of good news.. i called up today to ask abt the status of my application and i was told that they are inviting ppl with a score of 85 and above along with other things also in consideration, so we need to wait .
After all the talks about only 90 and above for BU, I think its a relief to hear that a lot of us now are in consideration with a score of 85 and above .. though other things do count but atleast we are in consideration..... right ?? :)

Kinda of good news.. i called up today to ask abt the status of my application and i was told that they are inviting ppl with a score of 85 and above along with other things also in consideration, so we need to wait .
After all the talks about only 90 and above for BU, I think its a relief to hear that a lot of us now are in consideration with a score of 85 and above .. though other things do count but atleast we are in consideration..... right ?? :)

One of my friends whose part I is 87 was interviewed by BU in December and he got accepted. So BU considers the whole package of the applicant although part I score is seems like the most important factor.

@ golddentist
yes i got the hold mail too..... waiting really sucks man..loosing patience:smuggrin::smuggrin::scared:+pissed+

hi..does bu call candidates with 84 ...any idea?

I called BU today and was told that interviews will be held till feb end or may be till march.......nd they will be sendin interview invites till then.....
its a long waiting time till then.......any updates on this info....did anyone else called them too??

Yes, I did call BU today and they told me the same as Sonachinu posted earlier. She said that interviews will be held till end of feb and they send invites one month before interviews and so there will be invites only till end of Jan.

I called BU today and they gave me the same answer as swav.

finally got under review email....after a llllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time..

finally got under review email....after a llllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time..

Ya, I also got underreview email yesterday after a long time..........I don't know what took it that long since october........

Ya, I also got underreview email yesterday after a long time..........I don't know what took it that long since october........

Do you guys have NBDE 1 score in a range of 85-87?? I have 86 and got the "under review" e-mail on Jan. 14...So, I'm just wondering if there is some kinda "score sequense" in IV scheduling process.

Do you guys have NBDE 1 score in a range of 85-87?? I have 86 and got the "under review" e-mail on Jan. 14...So, I'm just wondering if there is some kinda "score sequense" in IV scheduling process.

Yup, I also have the same score 86...May be it's a kind of pattern.

hi
may I ask that what do u mean by under reviw email... do u mean "hold after review"??

hi
may I ask that what do u mean by under reviw email... do u mean "hold after review"??

Nope, it's not a hold after review email.....I got first time under review email on jan 14 after completion email in late october. No idea how they decide to take application under review.

MY Stats are 86/101/3.78. Lots of volunteer work & shadowing.
thanks ..are u a reapplicant or fresh applicant.how much exp. of shadow..wat type of volunteering...any other work exp...this is just to calculate our possible chances for a call ...

So, only 1 person svetlana got an invitation after holidays ?? Its hard to understand, what is taking them so long in informing the candidates. :(

hi..does bu call candidates with 84 ...any idea?

@ ash78 , i have no idea , i just wrote what was told to me by them... but personally i dont see why they wont call a person with 84, if they call a person with 85... Honestly , at this point of time, i have no idea how the entire process is going on.

So, only 1 person svetlana got an invitation after holidays ?? Its hard to understand, what is taking them so long in informing the candidates. :(

@ ash78 , i have no idea , i just wrote what was told to me by them... but personally i dont see why they wont call a person with 84, if they call a person with 85... Honestly , at this point of time, i have no idea how the entire process is going on.
thanks mtr...

thanks ..are u a reapplicant or fresh applicant.how much exp. of shadow..wat type of volunteering...any other work exp...this is just to calculate our possible chances for a call ...

Yup, I am reapplicant...I have some dental(dental office & free clinic), some medical(in emergency medicine), research (emergency medicine) and some non medical(red cross) volunteer experience approximately 2 & 1/2 years in total...

Yup, I am reapplicant...I have some dental(dental office & free clinic), some medical(in emergency medicine), research (emergency medicine) and some non medical(red cross) volunteer experience approximately 2 & 1/2 years in total...
gr8 efforts to improve resume...good work mvr...congrats again and all d best..r u a citizen or on visa..

gr8 efforts to improve resume...good work mvr...congrats again and all d best..r u a citizen or on visa..

Sorry, why are you congratulating me? I even didn't get interview call:confused:. I am here on dependent VISA H4.

I never thought visa status matters in getting an interview !!!! or does it???

Sorry, why are you congratulating me? I even didn't get interview call:confused:. I am here on dependent VISA H4.
u will definitely get a call..u have good credentials ..

Hi guys,

I got an interview call from BU today around 3.00 pm. This is my third consecutive year as an applicant at BU. I applied in September and I received Application under review email last friday and today I received Interview Invitation. My interview is on Feb 10th. My stats are 85/108/3.0. I have completed in MPA with GPA of 3.83. I have got one year of Dental Assisting Experience. I have worked in a hospital over here in USA in Continuing Medical Education for 3 months. Before this I have given interviews in NYU(2008-09), UOP ( 2009-10)and UCLA ( 2010-2011) but I was wait-listed everywhere. Now here I am again with a interview call. I wish it works out this time for me.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I got an interview call from BU today around 3.00 pm. This is my third consecutive year as an applicant at BU. I applied in September and I received Application under review email last friday and today I received Interview Invitation. My stats are 85/108/3.0. I have completed in MPA with GPA of 3.83. I have got one year of Dental Assisting Experience. I have worked in a hospital over here in USA in Continuing Medical Education for 3 months. Before this I have given interviews in NYU(2008-09), UOP ( 2009-10)and UCLA ( 2010-2011) but I was wait-listed everywhere. Now here I am again with a interview call. I wish it works out this time for me.
Congrats:) And thanks for sharing your stats.All the best:thumbup: