BU Interview - Where to stay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KahunaDentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm curious which hotel/motel near BU's dental school is cheap and have great quality rooms.

BU emailed me a list of hotels near the area. Some of them are crazy expensive (i.e. Radission $259/night!!) while the cheapest I see on the list is Longwood Inn. As for Longwood Inn, they charge differently for private and "shared" baths.

Courtyard by Marriott South Boston is another cheap/good deal. I don't know how far these hotels are from the dental schools though.

Holler here and let me know!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I'm curious which hotel/motel near BU's dental school is cheap and have great quality rooms.

BU emailed me a list of hotels near the area. Some of them are crazy expensive (i.e. Radission $259/night!!) while the cheapest I see on the list is Longwood Inn. As for Longwood Inn, they charge differently for private and "shared" baths.

Courtyard by Marriott South Boston is another cheap/good deal. I don't know how far these hotels are from the dental schools though.

Hey,

When is your BU interview?

Hey,

When is your BU interview?

Yo,

The email states that my interview is in mid March.

However, I'm going to call the admissions office on Monday to change the date.

I want to interview in mid February if possible. Plus it's a damn long way to fly from Hawaii to Boston!!

So when is your interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ Cool guys!

My interview is also in the middle of March. I dislike the way the admissions office sets the interview date for you.

I too perhaps may call the office next week to change the date.

But hopefully we all can meet up at our BU interview!

:D

Just look at the list and "Boston Hostel Intl." is the cheapest! $39/night! However, I'd call them and make sure that the $39/night rate is still taking effect.

However to me, hostels sound too crappy for me to stay at. :laugh:
Sounds like a homeless shelter or something along that line.

Yo,

I want to interview in mid February if possible. Plus it's a damn long way to fly from Hawaii to Boston!!

So when is your interview date?

jan 12. gl with yours.

when i was in boston last year i stayed at the hampton inn.....if i'm not mistaken it was directly across the street from the medical/dental school. the hampton inn was brand new and very modern.

good luck,
jb!:)

I want to interview in mid February if possible.

I've often heard of people rescheduling to a later date. Is it actually possible get schools to move your interview up a whole month?

Try the Best Western. It has complementary shuttle service to BU and Tufts. It also has minimal cost shuttles to and from the airport. My room cost $95/nt

Best Western

891 Mass. Ave.

888/468-3562

617/989-1000

$125 until end of 2006

Call for price after Dec. 2006

Try the Best Western. It has complementary shuttle service to BU and Tufts. It also has minimal cost shuttles to and from the airport. My room cost $95/nt

Best Western

891 Mass. Ave.

888/468-3562

617/989-1000

$125 until end of 2006

Call for price after Dec. 2006

Alrighties. I will check out Best Western and the Hampton Inn.

Both sound like good deals.

The Best Western hotel though, is listed at $125/night in the interview email BU sent me. Their shuttle service sounds good, esp since I'm coming from far away.

Oh, like you guys said, call them! ;)

Perhaps that is because you got game ... ?

lol, like i've never heard that before. anyway, just call and ask if there are any openings for an earlier date. i don't see why it would hurt. good luck!

Definitely want to give them a call. I had a interview schedueled for late Feb and I got it moved up to Next Tue!!! If you want it bad enough you should try and get in as early as possible seeing how competetive things are. Just ask nicely to see if they have a opening for an earlier date, simple as that. Good Luck everyone.