1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

BU Optional Essay

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by skkskillz, Aug 3, 2006.

1. skkskillz

skkskillz Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Is anyone doing the optional essay at the end of BU's secondary where they ask for additional information?

If so, on what?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DoctorAck

DoctorAck Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I didn't fill it out, I feel my Personal statement speaks for itself and says enough about me as a person outside of my stats and such. Don't put anything in that optional part that would just be a repeat of what they can already see on your primary.

4. DF38

DF38 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I didn't fill it out either. My PS is much better written and says more about me than anything I could put there.

5. Hkoser

Hkoser Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I put a short essay just because I already written an optional one for another school and I feel like those are trick questions. Sounds like most people aren't filling it out so I wouldn't worry about it.

6. planck2

planck2 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What is the essay prompt about?

7. chaldobruin

chaldobruin Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I added a short little paragraph about the things I've experienced living in a diverse city like Los Angeles, and how I thought Boston would offer me the same opportunities. Nothing much. Most people I know left it blank. The question about the educational history was more absurd to me, I left that one blank.

8. keepdreaming

keepdreaming Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i wrote it because i felt like i left out a prevalent aspect of my life that didn't fit in my personal statement or activities page and then i tied it to how that'll make me a better dr. if i didn't have that, i would have left it blank