BU or UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

az646

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have been accepted by both schools and want to know from students studying in both schools which school is better or anyone knowing stuff about the 2 schools. ive heard that UIC is better since its public school, get more funding and more patient pool. but they are starting theyre degree program next yr so its going to be there 1st batch. you think they will do a better job the 1st time or then just try to practice on the 1st batch. anyone who can tell me anything good or bad b/w these 2 schools pls do....any repsonse will be appreciated. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

az646 said:
i have been accepted by both schools and want to know from students studying in both schools which school is better or anyone knowing stuff about the 2 schools. ive heard that UIC is better since its public school, get more funding and more patient pool. but they are starting theyre degree program next yr so its going to be there 1st batch. you think they will do a better job the 1st time or then just try to practice on the 1st batch. anyone who can tell me anything good or bad b/w these 2 schools pls do....any repsonse will be appreciated. thank you

Hey,

Congrats on your double score!

As far as i know, Bu has 8 months of pre clinicals which means u can only see patients after 8 months(seriously it sucks!)

If UIC is a 2 yr program and if it will give you a DDS/DMD and if it lets you work on patients early and if it's close to home, then I would say what the hell, join UIC! :luck:

thanks for your advice ...some other ppl have also told me to accept UIC offer, they say its better interms of finances, studies and patient pool also they have small class size ....so i think im going to be considering UIC also.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under the impression that UIC only did a certificate programme. Am I wrong? :confused:

this coming yrs IDP batch will be for their degree program. so yes they are now going to be starting a 2 yr degree program. they fee has also gone up for that reason. but their class size is smaller compared to other schools which i guess is better in some ways bec ive heard from NYU students that their large class size hinders in their learning and getting enough attention from the professors, i dont know abt this personally but a couple of my friends told me.

what is UIC spell for

imran2 said:
what is UIC spell for

University of Illinois in chicago

az646 said:
this coming yrs IDP batch will be for their degree program. so yes they are now going to be starting a 2 yr degree program. they fee has also gone up for that reason. but their class size is smaller compared to other schools which i guess is better in some ways bec ive heard from NYU students that their large class size hinders in their learning and getting enough attention from the professors, i dont know abt this personally but a couple of my friends told me.
DOES UIC GIVE ADDMISSIONS ONLY TO NATIONALS AND GREEN CARD HOLTERS CAN A PERSON ON H4 VISA GET ADDMISSION IN UIC. AND ARE ATTEMTS COUNTED OF NDBE 1 EXAMS WHILE TAKING ADDMISSIONSPLEASE REPLY THANKS

PERMANENT RESIDENCY is a requirement at UIC !