BU Regional Interview Feedback

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by SMDdent, Oct 27, 2002.

1. SMDdent

SMDdent Member
    7+ Year Member

For anyone scheduled for a regional interview with Boston University, this post may be of interest to you. I had my interview this morning in LA at a Marriott hotel. As expected, the interview process here was very informal since it wasn't done on the BU campus. Basically, I was greeted by Catherine Frankl, director of admissions, and she proceeded to very very briefly outline the interview. Obviously, there was no tour, no lunch with students/faculty, no financial aid presentation, nada. Just the interview. The interview itself was very relaxed, just like any other. Before the interview started, I was shown a movie presentation of the school on a laptop computer. I guess this was the best substitute for a tour. Then the interview began and proceeded to last about an hour. By the way, it was a one-on-one interview. I had Dr. Kilgore as my interviewer. The other interviewer was Dr. Polins., so you may end up with either one. Dr. Kilgore was a very nice guy who liked to talk a lot. He didn't really ask me many questions pertaining to dentistry at all. In fact he allowed more opportunities for me to ask my questions. Questions that he did ask were: What do you know about BU? What are doing with your year off? How do you feel about having your study material all on a dvd? Do you plan on specializing? I think that's basically it. The rest of the time was me asking questions and him answering. I hope this will help those of you with regional interviews. Good luck!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ohgee

ohgee Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks, this helps a lot..i will have my SF regional next month;)

4. Star Babe

Star Babe Member
    7+ Year Member

Some more feedback for u guys...
    I had it Sat 26th... greeted by Cathrine, Dr. Kilgore (the assistant dean) interviewed me. It was very relaxed and they were trying to make the interview as comfortable as possible. Dr. Kilgore asked me why I wanted to be a dentist and what made me apply to BU? asked about my research but it was mostly me asking questions... cathrine would come and go and each time stayed with us for 10 min or so... she mostly asked me personal questions... like do i have any siblings? what do they want to do? and in general it was very laid back... no worries .... i didn't even practice for my interview with BU... and it went very well. Both of them were really nice!!
    good luck to all ;)

5. tinker bell

tinker bell 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I'll have Dr. Pollins next week Sat 11/23 at SF Regional. Can someone please give me any feed back from your experience?
    Thanks
    T:p :p :p :clap: :clap: :clap: