BU response after interview in late Jan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oralskills

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After weeks of reading stuff off the forum, I have finally decided to post.

Hi Everyone!!

Did anyone interview at BU late in January? Has anyone gotten a response back yet? This is the only school that has interviewed me to this point. I thought the interview went well but I have not heard back from them yet. Please let me know!! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

oralskills said:

Hi Everyone!!

Did anyone interview at BU late in January? Has anyone gotten a response back yet? This is the only school that has interviewed me to this point. I thought the interview went well but I have not heard back from them yet. Please let me know!! :oops:

I interviewed in Late January, last friday, no I have not heard from bu, but Dr. Shaw said it would be like 3 weeks. As I was leaving I asked the secretary, she said it would be like about a month.

i interviewed about 3 1/2 weeks ago and I just called up yesterday and got semi positive/semi-iffy information on my chances. The talked withe the lady who deals with posting the information on infosource (bypassed the secretaries b/c they can't give you any info) and she told me that there still hadn't been a decision made on my application. However she said they put the applications in one of 2 piles after interviewing, one of those being the waitlisted (code for rejected) and the other being the rereview pile (which means the committe looks over your application again and you still have a chance). I am in the rereview pile which is semi-positive i suppose, but she also mentioned that they were slowing down on acceptance letters and she couldn't give me anykind of deadline as to when i should find out about an acceptance or rejection. She said i should find out in the next month to end of the cycle which is a worthless response. Can anybody give me any information on where I stand or the current number of acceptances or people who've given their deposits? I'm praying I get in. thanks for anyones help

-adam

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at BU on Jan 18, acceptance status was made on infosource on Jan 25, received acceptance letter on jan 27. They set deadline for deposit on Feb 25 , so I am guessing few more people have those deadlines. So probably after they see how many submitted deposits on Feb 25 they can start sending out more acceptances.

I also interviewed at BU near the end of January. Dr. Shaw also told me that I should expect to see something within two to three weeks. I have checked infosource religiously and to this point, I haven't seen any chances to my status. I have tried emailing Liane only to get vague and unhelpful replies.

asherman said:
i interviewed about 3 1/2 weeks ago and I just called up yesterday and got semi positive/semi-iffy information on my chances. The talked withe the lady who deals with posting the information on infosource (bypassed the secretaries b/c they can't give you any info) and she told me that there still hadn't been a decision made on my application. However she said they put the applications in one of 2 piles after interviewing, one of those being the waitlisted (code for rejected) and the other being the rereview pile (which means the committe looks over your application again and you still have a chance). I am in the rereview pile which is semi-positive i suppose, but she also mentioned that they were slowing down on acceptance letters and she couldn't give me anykind of deadline as to when i should find out about an acceptance or rejection. She said i should find out in the next month to end of the cycle which is a worthless response. Can anybody give me any information on where I stand or the current number of acceptances or people who've given their deposits? I'm praying I get in. thanks for anyones help

-adam

is the waitlist code for rejected in BU???

jinniechoi said:
is the waitlist code for rejected in BU???

The way it sounded was that the waitlist pile basically means your chances are slim to none. B/c she told me the positive side was that i wasn't in that pile and my application would still be reviewed again by the committe. I wish I had a deadline to when I would hear back from them though. I know I would have already gotten an acceptance letter by now if they wanted me b/c my interview was almost a month ago and it seems like they're real quick to get their acceptances out after you interview. Good luck to everyone else!

I interviewed at BU on Jan. 18 and got a letter in the mail about 2 weeks later and infosource was updated just as quickly. P.S. I am declining.

QuietGuy said:
I also interviewed at BU near the end of January. Dr. Shaw also told me that I should expect to see something within two to three weeks. I have checked infosource religiously and to this point, I haven't seen any chances to my status. I have tried emailing Liane only to get vague and unhelpful replies.

QG, have you heard from BU or any update on infosource this week? :D

bananadds said:
QG, have you heard from BU or any update on infosource this week? :D

Infosource says I'm in!!!

Yeah, they have slowed down the acceptance process. I think they sent them out quick up till mid January, but they are still waiting for those people to accept or decline their offers, so they can send out more acceptances. End of February marks the the deadline of second round offer accepts/declines, I think. So, may be begining of March people that have interviewed will start to hear back.

I interviewed Jan. 14th and got in 10 days later. I have till February 28th to send in my deposit. At the time when I interviewed, I was told that half of the class was full, but that usually means nothing, since there are ppl that make deposits, sit and watch what happens.

On a positive note, I think that if you get an interview there, there is a really good chance of getting in, unless you wore shorts and T-shirts and didn't know how to put together words into a sentence.

DB#1 said:
Yeah, they have slowed down the acceptance process. I think they sent them out quick up till mid January, but they are still waiting for those people to accept or decline their offers, so they can send out more acceptances. End of February marks the the deadline of second round offer accepts/declines, I think. So, may be begining of March people that have interviewed will start to hear back.

I interviewed Jan. 14th and got in 10 days later. I have till February 28th to send in my deposit. At the time when I interviewed, I was told that half of the class was full, but that usually means nothing, since there are ppl that make deposits, sit and watch what happens.

On a positive note, I think that if you get an interview there, there is a really good chance of getting in, unless you wore shorts and T-shirts and didn't know how to put together words into a sentence.

I hope so! I need one acceptance this year.

hockeydentist said:
I hope so! I need one acceptance this year.

HD, have you heard from BU or any update on infosource this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
bananadds said:

my infosource for BU hasn't been updated since jan 6th. anyone else in this position? tufts hasnt been touched since nov 5th. bah

QuietGuy said:
Infosource says I'm in!!!

Relly... :laugh: congratulation... when do u go to interview in BU?

oralskills said:

Hi Everyone!!

have you heard from BU or any update on infosource this week? :idea:

bananadds said:

Just my creighton waitlist, under BU it stats "you've been invited for an interview" nothin really changed. Maybe next week. I am thinking after my temple interview, things will start to pick up.

HD

hockeydentist said:
Just my creighton waitlist, under BU it stats "you've been invited for an interview" nothin really changed. Maybe next week. I am thinking after my temple interview, things will start to pick up.

HD

Hi HD, have u receive acceptance or heard from BU this week? :eek:

any updates yet! I imagine something should be happening pretty soon.

HD

hockeydentist said:

HD

Did you go to the regional interview in TO? Seems like a lot of us Canadians are waiting to hear back.

Noroozi said:
Did you go to the regional interview in TO? Seems like a lot of us Canadians are waiting to hear back.

That is so weird, because last year, I know that me and another girl from Toronto did the regional and we heard from infosource only days after the interview. and my interview was horrible...I was late, and I really didnt show any enthusiasm and my stats were very low...... Perhaps they are taking a new approach with Canadians this year???

Dr.BadVibes said:
That is so weird, because last year, I know that me and another girl from Toronto did the regional and we heard from infosource only days after the interview. and my interview was horrible...I was late, and I really didnt show any enthusiasm and my stats were very low...... Perhaps they are taking a new approach with Canadians this year???

Hey

Since we both went to UofT, what was your secret to getting accepted to so many schools? Did you have a great DAT score or did you apply very early? I am debating when to apply next year. Should I apply as early as possible or take 2 or 3 half year summer courses at Ryerson (in TO) to pull up my GPA and then apply? I might rewrite the DAT too. I'm still waiting to hear back from Temple by the way, but seems almost all the spots are taken. Seems I wasted my time applying from third year.

Noroozi said:
Hey

Since we both went to UofT, what was your secret to getting accepted to so many schools? Did you have a great DAT score or did you apply very early? I am debating when to apply next year. Should I apply as early as possible or take 2 or 3 half year summer courses at Ryerson (in TO) to pull up my GPA and then apply? I might rewrite the DAT too. I'm still waiting to hear back from Temple by the way, but seems almost all the spots are taken. Seems I wasted my time applying from third year.

There was no secret for me....my GPA was quite below average....my DAT score was 20 which I guess is not bad and I applied in September which is considered late.

As for you....the reason you aint hearing from anybody is that you are applying from third year....you'll get in next year....just try not to apply to expensive schools for obvious reasons...

hockeydentist said:

I posted a little over a week ago and had a late jan interview and just got word about 5-6 wks after my interview that I FINALLY got in somewhere. So everyone else there is still hope b/c my stats are far from amazing. Now I have to decide whether or not to go there or wait another yr and try to get into ohio st. Good luck everyone!

has anybody had better luck asking the admissions office about their status?
i called to inquire about what sort of timeline i should expect a response after my interview, and they told me there is no timeline. and they didn't give me any information after that.

hating the waiting game

canuck_chick said:
has anybody had better luck asking the admissions office about their status?
i called to inquire about what sort of timeline i should expect a response after my interview, and they told me there is no timeline. and they didn't give me any information after that.

hating the waiting game

they don't divulge a whole lot of information, but you have to get past the initial secretaries b/c they won't tell you anything. Make it sound like you need to know immediately b/c you have to make a decision on another school. If you get transferred to the lady who controls the posting on infosource she can let you know if you're on the waitlist (which means you basically didn't get accepted) or the pile where the committee looks over your application again (i was in that and apparently it worked out for the best). She couldn't give me a realistic timeline though b/c she said it could be anywhere from 1 month to the end of the acceptance period and it turned out to only be about 1 week after i called. good luck!

does "Alternate list" in BU mean rejection??

asherman said:
they don't divulge a whole lot of information, but you have to get past the initial secretaries b/c they won't tell you anything. Make it sound like you need to know immediately b/c you have to make a decision on another school. If you get transferred to the lady who controls the posting on infosource she can let you know if you're on the waitlist (which means you basically didn't get accepted) or the pile where the committee looks over your application again (i was in that and apparently it worked out for the best). She couldn't give me a realistic timeline though b/c she said it could be anywhere from 1 month to the end of the acceptance period and it turned out to only be about 1 week after i called. good luck!

Hey

do you remember by any chance know the name of the lady who updates infosource? I called and the secratary wasn't much help.

Noroozi said:
Hey

do you remember by any chance know the name of the lady who updates infosource? I called and the secratary wasn't much help.

I"m sorry i don't recall the ladies name, but the advice I do have for you is to just make up a story and make it sound imminent that you need to find out your status and explore your options before you accept another schools offer. Trust me if you push at it she'll transfer you to someone who can give you some information and go through your file and tell you where you stand. By the way my infosource still hasn't been updated even though i got my acceptance letter a few days ago, so i suggest you quit torchering yourself with infosource.

Sorry to be the English police here, but some mistakes were just bothering me.

asherman said:
I"m sorry i don't recall the ladies name, but the advice I do have for you is to just make up a story and make it sound imminent that you need to find out your status and explore your options before you accept another schools offer. Trust me if you push at it she'll transfer you to someone who can give you some information and go through your file and tell you where you stand. By the way my infosource still hasn't been updated even though i got my acceptance letter a few days ago, so i suggest you quit torchering yourself with infosource.

torchering = torturing????

Noroozi said:
hey

secratary = secretary

Im assuming for both of you that English is not your native language, so a ridiculous mistake like this is understandable.

Dr.BadVibes said:

Im assuming for both of you that English is not your native language, so a ridiculous mistake like this is understandable.

I'm so sorry I don't have enough time to spell check every post I make. Criticizing me for mispelling a single is word completely acceptable, but don't you have anything better to do as a first year dental student than surfing the pre-dental page "torturing" people who are actually helping others with their application process? I bet you're going to rip into me afterwards for using a run-on sentence, which you I might want to add have serious issues with in your reponse to my post. Get a life man.

asherman said:
I'm so sorry I don't have enough time to spell check every post I make. Criticizing me for mispelling a single is word completely acceptable, but don't you have anything better to do as a first year dental student than surfing the pre-dental page "torturing" people who are actually helping others with their application process? I bet you're going to rip into me afterwards for using a run-on sentence, which you I might want to add have serious issues with in your reponse to my post. Get a life man.

ooops...other than the fact that your response was completely incoherent, you made another spelling mistake:

mispelling = misspelling

And by the way, im not torturing you...I think how you're helping the others is great! :thumbup:

Dr.BadVibes said:

torchering = torturing????

secratary = secretary

English is not my native language? Aren't you Indian? I'm offended that you'd say its "ridiculous" to make one typo. I think this post of yours is what’s ridiculous.

We can always count on Badvibes to make pointless post in BU and Columbia threads.

Noroozi said:
English is not my native language? Aren't you Indian? I'm offended that you'd say its "ridiculous" to make one typo. I think this post of yours is what’s ridiculous.

We can always count on Badvibes to make pointless post in BU and Columbia threads.

yah you're right....misspelling "secretary" isnt too bad...but that "torturing" misspell was kinda sad...

Dr.BadVibes said:
yah you're right....misspelling "secretary" isnt too bad...but that "torturing" misspell was kinda sad...

Any news on Bu lately?

HD

canuck_chick said:
my mailbox was still empty today :(

We wish the mail box would be empty when we get bills, but were upset when the mail box is empty when we want an acceptance. I hate my mailbox.

HD

I just called them to try and get an update on my file, but the secretary wouldn’t tell me anything. I tried to get her to transfer me to the person who updates infosource as someone suggested, but I wasn't too successful. She kept telling me to check infosource. She did tell me that if you are waitlisted you get a letter in the mail, and that if you haven't received anything and infosource hasn't updated, then it means your file hasn't been decided on and you're still under review.

Noroozi said:
I just called them to try and get an update on my file, but the secretary wouldn’t tell me anything. I tried to get her to transfer me to the person who updates infosource as someone suggested, but I wasn't too successful. She kept telling me to check infosource. She did tell me that if you are waitlisted you get a letter in the mail, and that if you haven't received anything and infosource hasn't updated, then it means your file hasn't been decided on and you're still under review.

So basically, if you havent gotten a letter yet, then its good news? Right?

Good luck to all of you waiting...Its starting to get me anxious.

Noroozi said:

So I guess no news is good news. I am trying to find out who interviewed my friend. He said it was not Dr. Shaw and that it was an older gentlemen with a beard. REally nice guy. Anybody got an idea of who it is? Can't think of the name?

HD

hockeydentist said:
So I guess no news is good news. I am trying to find out who interviewed my friend. He said it was not Dr. Shaw and that it was an older gentlemen with a beard. REally nice guy. Anybody got an idea of who it is? Can't think of the name?

HD

Is it Dr. Polins that you are talking about? He is director of academic counseling or something like that...basically, if you are doing poorly in classes, he gets on your a$$.

Basically, I called the school to make sure the class wasn't filled already. I mean, I'm from San Diego and would hate to go there if the only list I would make would be the "alternate" or "wait" lists. The secretary told me the class is 70% filled. Hence, I hope to be on that 30 percentile...hopefully, I better rock the interview. :)

gabrielmeraz said:
Basically, I called the school to make sure the class wasn't filled already. I mean, I'm from San Diego and would hate to go there if the only list I would make would be the "alternate" or "wait" lists. The secretary told me the class is 70% filled. Hence, I hope to be on that 30 percentile...hopefully, I better rock the interview. :)

Good luck

just be postitive and be your self. Its a real relaxing day for the interview. Ask questions!

HD

hockeydentist said:
Good luck

just be postitive and be your self. Its a real relaxing day for the interview. Ask questions!

HD

I am definitelly going there to enjoy myself and reflect my loved for dentistry to the admissions interviewer :thumbup:

infosource updates were made on 3/17

hockeydentist said:
rejections, waitlist, acceptances or any comments to date.

HD