• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

BU SDM class of 2011, INTRODUCE URSELF!!!

Ukti

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Everyone whose accepted to BU and is starting at BU fall 2007 please INTRODUCE yourself, so we can all get to know each other.
Tell us where ur from, what u do? and where ur planning to live and stuff...be creative :)

I am from Ct and currently working as a research assistant at UCONN health Center. Its pretty boring out here in farmington. Highlights for this week...its VERY VERY COLD! so all u ppl moving from west coast be prepared for the Boston weather.:cool:

About the Ads

peola16

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
Hey I am interviewing there next week---can you guys give me some advice about what to expect and what seemed to work for you? I've read where everyone is saying its pretty laid back and not to worry, but they've got to have something they're looking for, right?

Also...the dreaded why BU question??? What if my answer is I just want to get into school and BU seems like a great place to be?

collegeboy30000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hey I am interviewing there next week---can you guys give me some advice about what to expect and what seemed to work for you? I've read where everyone is saying its pretty laid back and not to worry, but they've got to have something they're looking for, right?

Also...the dreaded why BU question??? What if my answer is I just want to get into school and BU seems like a great place to be?

Here are some alternatives to, '...I just want to get into school and BU seems like a great place to be.'

"BU is a great school, the faculty are very welcoming, the students are friendly. I look forward to participating in the APEX Program because it will enhance my clinical experiance, and the many externships offerred during my stay at BU. And so the school really fits my personality. I really like the city of Boston, and I heard Boston chicks are loose! Especially after a couple of shots of Patron!":laugh:

[Only use that last two lines if you are a guy and your interviewer is also a male.]

collegeboy30000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Works even better since I am a chick though right? :laugh:

Thanks for the tip!

Ture that. Loosen up your buttons during the interview, kinda like that "AXE Body Spray" commercial!

Mention the EXCEL program, and that they received full accreditation, also the fact that they will provide you a Kaplan review for the NBDE, and free braces or invisaline for all DMD students!:thumbup:

qtlilkitty

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering for people who choose to go to BU as opposed to some of the other schools, ie Tufts, what are your reasons? I'm trying to compare the two schools. although I know that there are alot of bu bashing going on in this forum, I just want to hear from you guys' perspective why you think bu is better. Appreciate your input.

ND Irish 06

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hey guys, my names bill and im from quincy mass. but ive been living in LA for about 6 months now. i went to notre dame and boston college, and can not wait to get to BU in august. its gonna be an amazing four years!

MALOKINMARTIN

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
(1) “Also the fact that they will provide you a Kaplan review for the NBDE”

They stopped doing this this year, we had to buy our dental decks…

(2) “and free braces or invisaline for all DMD students!”

Nope, the grill is free, the invisaline isn’t…

(3) “... why BU….”

It’s not where you go but that you went. My advice as a lowly (almost) second year is to go where it’s CHEAP. BU dental has like the fourth highest tuition in the US. 80 thousand dollars a year is pretty insane (X4). That being said, the faculty is pretty nice and knowledgeable but the teachers are hit or miss. One day you’ll have the best anatomy lecturer you’ve ever had, the next week it’s someone new who isn’t all that great…

(4) EXCEL : my 2 cents…

Don’t go. About twenty students from my class went and had a great time, but I spent that 3thousand dollars on a plane trip to South America. Go out in the world and have fun. You’ll have four years to get to know your classmates while stuck here, don’t hurry to Boston…

(5) http://bu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2214139916
http://bu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204811193

texasdental

2007 applicant
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Houston
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi guys,

I'm from Austin, Texas and am planning to attend in the fall. I graduated from the University of Texas and am currently working for a non-profit. I plan on joining the facebook group soon. Thanks for setting it up.

Does anyone have sugguestions on places to live in and around Boston?

almzzzz

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hey texasdental! it really does depend on your budget... I was looking at places in the south end... and personally I didn't like what I was finding (keep in mind it was just a preliminary search). Some great areas are the bu/kenmore area, the brookline area is a little more expensive but very cute, and you can live right next to the c line to get inbound to catch a bus to budental. I think the closer you get to the hynes/sympony area (where I caught the bus to bu dental) it is a bit more expensive. But depending on how much you look, you can get a good deal!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.