BU vs. Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hemoglobin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright... For about 24 hours I *thought* I was done with my list.... LOL. And now I am, again, having major doubts, this time for my 2nd position (I am ranking Mayo #1). The 2 "competitors" are BU and Baylor (Houston).
Which one do you guys think would be better, overall? What about reputation?
And, of course, I wanna go into Cards after IM, like everyone else. :D

Thanks for your help and good luck with your own lists! :thumbup:

Hb

Members don't see this ad.

where do you think you would like to do a cards fellowship? if somewhere down south, I'd go with Baylor, if up north (northeast/NY/NJ), I'd choose BU. I think both would pull about equal weight on the West Coast and upper Midwest from what I've seen of BU's fellowship list, but don't know for sure. I hear location is pretty big. Good luck, and maybe I will see you at BU (hope they pick me!).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hb, what I am most worried about is how little sleep I am going to get in either one of those 2, but I'm sticking w/ Baylor then BU b/c after reviewing their call schedules it seems I could get home earlier in Baylor! and I think houston is pretty cool, has lots of places to eat and is not cold... what I would like to know is how are the 2nd and 3rd year at BU b/c I don't have any notes on that

HAM2 said:
Hb, what I am most worried about is how little sleep I am going to get in either one of those 2, but I'm sticking w/ Baylor then BU b/c after reviewing their call schedules it seems I could get home earlier in Baylor! and I think houston is pretty cool, has lots of places to eat and is not cold... what I would like to know is how are the 2nd and 3rd year at BU b/c I don't have any notes on that

keep in mind that all programs might have flux in call schedules as they continue to work on complying more with ACGME rules.