BU vs. Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teeth!

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am sure this has been done before but would love an updated version of this.

School 1: Tufts
Pros:
-maybe better reputation
-location is more central to boston
-newer-ish building

Cons:
-price
-have heard the administration hasn’t been great through COVID

School 2: BU
Pros:
-newer, really nice facility
-connected to BMC
-faculty seems super welcoming
-group way of organizing clinic seems good for building connections
-APEX?

Cons:
-price again
-south end area isn't as great

Summary: I am also interested in specializing (maybe endo or OS). Obviously I have no idea and I appreciate the effort it takes to make this happen but if either schools gives an advantage, that would be a major swing. It seems like clinically/academically these schools are very similar, and cost which is super important is around the same
Also, noteworthy that while these are expensive, long term SO is in Boston so goal was to end up there as well
Both are also close to home too obviously
Costs would be about the same ~360k (if I calculated it right?)
I will be either living at home or getting some help from family for an apartment

Members don't see this ad.

both are good schools and will give you the same chance at specializing more or less. in this case, i would choose the cheaper school with the better facilities and a place that i would be happy in and a smaller class size. for me, i am definitely leaning towards BU

Reactions: 1 user
both are good schools and will give you the same chance at specializing more or less. in this case, i would choose the cheaper school with the better facilities and a place that i would be happy in and a smaller class size. for me, i am definitely leaning towards BU
Thanks for the response! Smaller class size is definitely important….

Members don't see this ad :)