BU vs UMass vs Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted973222

Hi friends! Super humbled to have received A's at all three schools and love different things about each. As a first gen, I really don't know how to go about deciding where to go especially since we couldn't visit schools for interviews this cycle. Right now I'm interested in primary care specialties (family med, peds, general primary) and psych, but definitely want to stay open to different areas in the field in med school. Would love input!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for UMass. You'll save a ton of change and imo the cons you listed for UMass don't seem significant to the cons you listed for Dartmouth and BU. All 3 are solid options though; congratulations!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, unless you have a really compelling reason to turn down the money, I would go with UMASS. Solid match list especially if you are interested in non-surg specialties, but the cost savings sound significant. Dartmouth and BU have notoriously poor financial aid. Tbh, I don't think that your career outcomes will be too much different between these schools. They're all similar tier with proven track record of matching students at top programs. Key considerations in my mind: cost & happiness. That second one is the hardest to pin down, but do you want to live in a city? Do you want to be part of a small cohort at Dartmouth? Are those things worth 2x the cost to you? UMass will allow you to become a physician in the specialty of your choice at the lowest price. However, it may not have the thrills and frills of the others. It's up to you!

Reactions: 2 users