Aug 18, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
First-time AMCAS applicant, male, Caucasian+Asian/Indian. cBCPM GPA 3.7 and cGPA 3.76. MCAT scores June 27, 2020 (130/124/127/128/509), retake Aug 1, 2020 (128/127/131/129/515). CMB major with interdisciplinary Psych. In-State, Class of 2021. Volunteer EMT-B, Research - 2017/18/19 Summer, and Physician/Medical Shadow. If/When admitted will likely accept in-State (OSU, UC, UoT, or WSU). Seeking recommendations of list out-of-State MD Schools to add to OH Medical Schools listed. Curious, will my 1st MCAT "uneven and low CARS" score be viewed as a red flag? Advice much appreciated. Thanks

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
First-time AMCAS applicant, male, Caucasian+Asian/Indian. cBCPM GPA 3.7 and cGPA 3.76. MCAT scores June 27, 2020 (130/124/127/128/509), retake Aug 1, 2020 (128/127/131/129/515). CMB major with interdisciplinary Psych. In-State, Class of 2021. Volunteer EMT-B, Research - 2017/18/19 Summer, and Physician/Medical Shadow. If/When admitted will likely accept in-State (OSU, UC, UoT, or WSU). Seeking recommendations of list out-of-State MD Schools to add to OH Medical Schools listed. Curious, will my 1st MCAT "uneven and low CARS" score be viewed as a red flag? Advice much appreciated. Thanks
I suggest:
Mayo (maybe)
Case (maybe)
NYU-LI
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
U VM
OH State and ALL other OH schools
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Creighton
Tulane
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
TCU/UNT

About the Ads

GreenDuck12

5+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2014
Status
  1. Medical Student
I don’t see any red flags with your MCAT scores with the exception being that you took the exam twice (not a huge deal). Your first attempt was below the median, but you improved by 6 points on the second attempt which is significant. Not many folks improve by that much, so good work. Good luck with your application cycle.

Aug 18, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Advice and/or recommendations, and chances for Ohio border states MD schools:
Kentucky: University of Louisville, University of Kentucky
Indiana: Indian University (IUPUI)
West Virginia: West Virginia, University, Marshall University

Thanks in advance

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads