Buffalo Interview-Need Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgo12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Buffalo interview scheduled soon and looking for advice from people who already had one there. I plan on flying in the night before and staying in a hotel. Any suggestions in this regard??? is it safe to book a return flight at 5:10? any general helpful advice? how was the weather? anything you think i should know in advance?

thanks alot all those out there.

Members don't see this ad.

letsgo12 said:
Hi,

I have a Buffalo interview scheduled soon and looking for advice from people who already had one there. I plan on flying in the night before and staying in a hotel. Any suggestions in this regard??? is it safe to book a return flight at 5:10? any general helpful advice? how was the weather? anything you think i should know in advance?

thanks alot all those out there.

5:10 might be cutting it close. But if you can't get out of it, just let someone in admissions (Mr. Rosso) know at the day's start - this way your interviewers can be bumped up. I was there 'til about 4, but I had an 8:00 flight so it was all good. Others left by about 2:45ish.

The weather is, well, snowy. I mean, it's Buffalo. Although, my bro goes there and we spoke yesterday - it hasn't snowed in about a week, but there's still some snow on the ground.

Enjoy the day - it's incredibly chill and fun (minus the mini essay; pointless, if you ask me). Just be sure you know all of the questions listed on the interview feedback section of this site...they really get asked!

Best of luck!

Go BUFFALO!

I agree that 5:10 may be cutting it close for Buffalo; they have two different people interview you, and if those interviewers disagree about you, they ask that you do a third interview with someone else to settle things.

If 5:10 is your only option, make sure to let Mr. Rosso know early in the interview day about it and they'll try to get you in early.

I really enjoyed the interview day at Buffalo, I hope you do too!

Members don't see this ad :)
loved it loved it loved it. good luck! regarding a hotel - i stayed at the hampton inn, as given to me on the sheet the office sent. it was nice, close, they have a van that will pick you up at the airport, bring you to the interview, and mine picked me up from the interview and brought me back to the airport. nice breakfast, and theres a pool if you want to work off pre-interview jitters.
:) good luck! ive been waitlisted but am hoping for some serious movement!!

Hey I have an interview coming up too, on the 16th. If ur interviewing around then maybe I'll see you.

thanks alot all those out there.[/QUOTE]

I can answer your question about the weather since I live in Buffalo and go to undergrad at UB. :) It snowed again after a week of unusually warm weather and it was freezing cold today. Even if it snows, the streets are dry due to the huge amounts of salt that is on our streets (our streets are white from salt sometimes when it gets warm out). Just remember to take gloves and a warm coat and also shoes that don't splatter the slush from the ground. If you're interviewing on South Campus, just make sure you know where you're going. I find that campus to be quite large so you might need more time to find a place. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!! :luck: