buffalo interview questionaire

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Veilside, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Veilside

Veilside Senior Member

i heard that buffalo interviewers have a set list of questions that they ask you during your interview. i have an interview coming up there soon and i was just wondering if anybody had access to the list. thanks in advance.

best,
    veilside

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JMD

JMD Senior Member

Hey Veilside,
    I don't have access to the list (there is one though), but interviewed there today. Some questions I was asked:

1) Have you ever been in a situation where you felt pressured by others, and how did you respond?

2) Have you ever been the "new guy" ("new girl") in a group?

3) Tell me the good and bad qualities of your best friend

4) Have you ever had a roommate conflict?

5) Have you ever been in a situation where you had to do something against your beliefs?

and here is a wierd one
    6) How many gas stations do you think there are in the United States?

My interviewer did not know the answer to the last on, but after I answered, he asked what my reasoning was and how I came up with my answer.

That is all I can think of. The questions weren't asked exactly how I wrote them. My interviews were pretty conversational/relaxed. They just have the question sheet as a guideline, but interviewers put there own spin on the questions.
    This was my first interview, and I thought it went alright. Hopefully my interviewer thought the same thing.

;) ;) ;)

4. phinicky

phinicky Senior Member

Buffalo was, by far, the strangest interview that I had last year. They didn't have a list of questions, they had a packet of random questions to ask. Questions ranged from health care issues, to politics (I had to definite "globilization"), and situation-type questions ("have you ever been dishonet?" or "have you ever had the opportunity to help someone, but didn't")

Also, I don't know if anyone had to write an essay this year, but we had to write an essay on the 3 things we would do if we won 10 million dollars- we had 10 min. to write the essay.

5. Veilside

Veilside Senior Member

thanks guys

anyone else?

6. My interview was over a month ago, but here is what I remember:

1) Tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation? How did you overcome this situation?

2) Tell me about a time you felt like a failure?

3) Tell me a funny story from your childhood.

Buffalo uses a behavioral interviewing style. They like to ask questions that draw on past experience, because they feel that it is a good predictor of future performance. This is an interviewing style that is more commonly found in the business world.

7. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member

yes, be very prepared for anything w/ buffalo! it was my toughest interview 2 years ago! i would say to read interviewfeedback.com cos thats what i did but its no longer up. if i hadnt read that site and prepared answers beforehand i'd have been up sh!ts-creek. they asked the exact same questions that were on that website. i had lots of ethical questions (euthanasia, Do not resuccitate, us health care)

good luck!

8. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member

oh yeah, other interviewees had to read a newspaper article and summarize it!