1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

buffalo interview questionaire

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Veilside, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Veilside

Veilside Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i heard that buffalo interviewers have a set list of questions that they ask you during your interview. i have an interview coming up there soon and i was just wondering if anybody had access to the list. thanks in advance.

best,
    veilside

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JMD

JMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Veilside,
    I don't have access to the list (there is one though), but interviewed there today. Some questions I was asked:

1) Have you ever been in a situation where you felt pressured by others, and how did you respond?

2) Have you ever been the "new guy" ("new girl") in a group?

3) Tell me the good and bad qualities of your best friend

4) Have you ever had a roommate conflict?

5) Have you ever been in a situation where you had to do something against your beliefs?

and here is a wierd one
    6) How many gas stations do you think there are in the United States?

My interviewer did not know the answer to the last on, but after I answered, he asked what my reasoning was and how I came up with my answer.

That is all I can think of. The questions weren't asked exactly how I wrote them. My interviews were pretty conversational/relaxed. They just have the question sheet as a guideline, but interviewers put there own spin on the questions.
    This was my first interview, and I thought it went alright. Hopefully my interviewer thought the same thing.

;) ;) ;)

4. phinicky

phinicky Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Buffalo was, by far, the strangest interview that I had last year. They didn't have a list of questions, they had a packet of random questions to ask. Questions ranged from health care issues, to politics (I had to definite "globilization"), and situation-type questions ("have you ever been dishonet?" or "have you ever had the opportunity to help someone, but didn't")

Also, I don't know if anyone had to write an essay this year, but we had to write an essay on the 3 things we would do if we won 10 million dollars- we had 10 min. to write the essay.

5. Veilside

Veilside Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks guys

anyone else?

6. My interview was over a month ago, but here is what I remember:

1) Tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation? How did you overcome this situation?

2) Tell me about a time you felt like a failure?

3) Tell me a funny story from your childhood.

Buffalo uses a behavioral interviewing style. They like to ask questions that draw on past experience, because they feel that it is a good predictor of future performance. This is an interviewing style that is more commonly found in the business world.

7. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

yes, be very prepared for anything w/ buffalo! it was my toughest interview 2 years ago! i would say to read interviewfeedback.com cos thats what i did but its no longer up. if i hadnt read that site and prepared answers beforehand i'd have been up sh!ts-creek. they asked the exact same questions that were on that website. i had lots of ethical questions (euthanasia, Do not resuccitate, us health care)

good luck!

8. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

oh yeah, other interviewees had to read a newspaper article and summarize it!