Buffalo Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rampagez99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I recently got an interview scheduled for Jan 17, and I'm trying to plan my trip there.. Im going to arrive at the Amtrak at Dewey which as I understand is adjacent to the airport. Now I'm trying to pick which hotel to stay at that can maybe shuttle me over to the campus. Has anyone had this experience recently and can give me some advice? The site lists Hampton INN and Comfort Inn as shuttle locations but I'm not sure which hampton or comfort hotels that refers to.

Please help :)

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'll be there the same day! I wish I could give you some feedback about shuttle service, but my father needs to head up there anyway, so I'm gonna be travelling with him. Good luck at the interview and I'll see you there (though I may well not know who you are lol)

Comfort Inn University
1 Flint Rd.
Amherst, NY 14226
Reservations:
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah thats what I was thinking.. and a taxi from airport/amtrak?

Hah Ill be the guy in the corner all anti-social like

I presume you mean Depew. It is just over 9 miles from the Depew amtrak station to the Comfort Inn @ University. There are frequently cabs at the station or they will call you one.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...2n=&2pn=&2a=55+Dick+Road&2c=&2s=&2z=14043&r=f
As you can see, the airport is even closer to the hotel. Call them and ask if they have an airport shuttle, a lot of them do.

I'll tell my colleagues on the admissions committee that rumor is you don't bite.

Only a rumor :)

Thanks for the info, Ill call em up and ask about the airport shuttle..

Once I'm there..
So i get onto the hotel shuttle and it takes me to flint loop..
then i can just walk to the south campus to the biomedical education building?

Hey all, I recently got an interview scheduled for Jan 17, and I'm trying to plan my trip there.. Im going to arrive at the Amtrak at Dewey which as I understand is adjacent to the airport. Now I'm trying to pick which hotel to stay at that can maybe shuttle me over to the campus. Has anyone had this experience recently and can give me some advice? The site lists Hampton INN and Comfort Inn as shuttle locations but I'm not sure which hampton or comfort hotels that refers to.

Please help :)

thanks

Have fun in the Queen City!

Hampton Inn University
10 Flint Road
Amherst, New York, United States, 14226-1047
1-716-689-4414

You're probably being referred to Inns located near the North Campus (UB is two campuses, North and South), but I don't know on where specifically the interviews are held, so I don't want to be guilty of misleading you.

Just as a bit of info, the interviews are held on the South campus (just about 100% sure of this, but if someone who's interviewed would confirm that would be great). I do not, however, know if those Inns are near to the South or North campus....

Oh yeah, and I'll be the white guy in the black suit at the interview :laugh: :thumbup:

The hotel is on the north campus. There is a free university shuttle to the south campus.

Hampton inn has a shuttle service to the school ( the medical education building). Just talk to them when you get there and they will inform you when the shuttle leaves (around 7:30 and 8:45 and sometimes inbtw). It takes about 10 min or less to get there from the hotel.
Good luck

interview is on the south part of campus in the biomedical education building.. number 21 on that map.. atleast thats what I was told in the email.

My eyes will be glued to the map below as I wander through the campus

http://www.ub-parking.buffalo.edu/SouthCampus.pdf

ill be white and in a black suit also.. hah

Both the hampton and the comfort seem to be served by the same shuttle, but hampton is 60 bucks more expensive than comfort, any reason to pick hampton over it?

They are pretty comparable. If you aren't picky go with the cheap one. I myself am picky and turned down free hotel rooms when I did fellowship interviews. :rolleyes:

Both the hampton and the comfort seem to be served by the same shuttle, but hampton is 60 bucks more expensive than comfort, any reason to pick hampton over it?

The Hampton Inn (I think the Comfort Inn, too) have UB interview rates of $74/night. (Is posting from the Hampton Inn now)

I belive they both have shuttles and both have hot tubs too.

There should be a lodging sheet that comes with your interview invite packet. (the paper confirmation)

Speaking of the paper interview packets... Have you recieved this yet, rampagez? I only have the initial e-mail. I called to inform them that I would be attending so I am definately confirmed but I have yet to recieve the packet...

nah no packet yet.. hence the questions... :) maybe it will come after the interview so ill have some nostalgia material

hmm hot tubs eh.. hampton is better for quality i think if the rate is the same hampton is way to go it seems..

anyone know how close the amtrak is to airport? It is the Dewey one or Depew

I don't know what Dewey is. There is Exchange Street and Depew. Depew is closer.