Buffalo or Pitt? compare and contrast please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tim Theisen

Strep mutans...what a guy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me decide where to go. Please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

Jeeez you're still debating this. Are you a NY state resident?

In one of your posts, you stated (well...rapped) that you were going to Buffalo. Then later you posted looking for a room mate in Pittsburgh. Wow you really must be confused. Both schools are great and will give you an excellent education. Seems like the only decision is which city would you like to live in? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Tim Theisen said:
I cannot for the life of me decide where to go. Please help me.

You live in Pennsylvania, right? Is Pitt a lot cheaper? Go there if it is, because people say it is a great school, and you get in state tuition!

I am a PA resident, but Buffalo will be about 40,000 cheaper after 4 years. So I imagine someone telling me they will pay me 40,000 to go buffalo, and that sounds like a no brainer. But!...i like pittsburgh better than buffalo, and i have friends there. So I dont know what to do...i might just not go at all.

Your going to make the money back. Money may rule the world, but it doesn't have to rule you. If you think Pitts best for you then go there.

Tim Theisen said:
I am a PA resident, but Buffalo will be about 40,000 cheaper after 4 years. So I imagine someone telling me they will pay me 40,000 to go buffalo, and that sounds like a no brainer. But!...i like pittsburgh better than buffalo, and i have friends there. So I dont know what to do...i might just not go at all.

That is interesting that your in state tuition is so much more than in N.Y. I would think the N.Y. state schools would be more.

You can declare residency in NY after the first year so that's why.