Buffalo or VCU/MCV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ananyadoc37

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to choose between these two, and fast, but can't make up my mind! I am a NY state resident and UB seemed cool, but VCU seems like a good choice as well (other than it being expensive). (VCU is about $20K more per year).

Any advice?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

help!!! anyone out there with advice? thanks!

You really need to make that decision by yourself... you'll be more happy that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would second UB since I have heard many nice things about it from friends who attend there. but again, it's your choice. :)

Go to your in-state school and save the moola :)

Jonathanamine said:
Go to your in-state school and save the moola :)

:thumbup: $80,000 (or more) should make you happy, unless you have already had a lot of $ and shovelling all those snow make you sad, of course.

Go where makes you happy. I had the same dilemma as you... Buffalo vs. GW. I decided that if I'm going to be happier throughout my 4 years at GW then I'll end up enjoying medicine more. It just means that I'll have to specialize but I'm ok with that. Good luck with your decision.

go with ub. i have several friends at mcv and it is not worth out of state tuition. the south is much better though, but you will be studying the whole time anyway right?