Buffalo vs. Drexel vs. MCW ??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cse2060, May 15, 2008.

1. cse2060

cse2060 New Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm accepted to one of these schools and waitlisted in the other two. However, I like to be ready for the possible day when I have to choose.

I really liked all three (SUNY Buffalo, Drexel, and MCW), but it's very hard to pick one.

I would like to hear what you guys think about them and how you would rank them.

thanks a lot in advance

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TexPre-Med

TexPre-Med Banned
    Banned

Medical Student
    Go where you would be personally happiest. None of those schools give you a significant advantage over the others in anything that I am aware of. They are all fine schools, and with work, can get you wherever you want to go.

My opinion: Go where total cost is minimized if you are paying. You will thank yourself later. If you have a free ride (scholly, parents, grandparents, etc.), go wherever you feel most comfortable.

4. medgrlsox21

Medical Student

I think if you HAD a gut feeling about one then pick that, otherwises I'd pick Drexel, the campus is gorgeous but you can get culture and city whenever you want. There's different learning paths and way more students. I know people think oh I want individual attention blah blah blah, but when your stuck in a small class with people you find nothing in common with it's harder to really enjoy your time there. I'm from Buffalo and it's a good school but I haven't heard many wonderful things about it, however I could just known the people that don't like it. As for MCW I don't know anything about it but unless your from somewhere in that region I don't understand the drawing factor. My opinion could be tarnished by the fact that I would have loved to attended med school in a city :idea:

5. loganhayes

Medical Student
    I would cross out Drexel for sure. I found Drexel a little bit disorganized and the admin staff rude during the admission process. It tends to portray the mentality and attitude of the people of the school.

So, it would be between Buffalo and MCW. Now, it depends on your preference. Go with the money. I know Buffalo doesn't offer scholarships outright (you have to apply).