Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Student10019

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got put on the alternate list there. Does anyone know how this is different from a high priority waitlist that others have been talking about and saying that it was the only list they have.

I interviewed the first week in April, and the letter made it sound like everone who interviewed that day got put on this list.

Any info would help.

Members don't see this ad.

I too interviewed the first week of April and haven't heard anything. What in your letter made you believe that everyone who interviewed that day has been placed on the alternate list?

It started off saying the committee has finished interviewing and we have filled our class.

It goes on to say that the remaining candidates will now form our Alternate list.

I am wondering if this is the same as the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the confusion. I just called to find out what was going on. People were accepted and rejected. The alternate list is their final ranked list that they use to offer spaces. The difference between the waitlist and the alternate list is that you can be rejected from the waitlist.

I was just put on the alternate list and also interview in the first week of april. What does it mean?

Hello,

I was put on the alternate list as well. Are you also in the highest priority? Mine said something like i was placed into the highest priority part of the alternate list... is yours similar as well? :)

El Tico

i was interviewed in march and got placed on the highest priority alternate list, whatever that means :rolleyes:

I talked to Dr. Rosso.

He said you can't find out your ranking.

How did you guys find out.

AK

Hi,

When I received the letter I was happy that I made another cut. However, now I find out that some received highest priority designations and yet they won't tell me MY ranking.
Basically I'm back to square one.

And what's with the July 1st sentence? Do I have to wait that long?

I interviewed April 10, the last day of interviews and I received my alternate list letter yesterday. In the body of the letter they say that I've been placed in the "highest priority alternate list." I think that's what the other posters are talking about. As for rank, I don't think we can find that out either.

So... is there or is there not a difference between the highest priority alternate list and the alternate list? Or there's only one list that we all fall into?

El Tico

Hey Tweetie which day in march did u interview? :)

I have to check my letter again but I am not on the high priority list. I am bummed because I went to great lengths to communicate my interest in the school. I also interviewed in October. Does your letter mention that after July 1st you will receive a call and if you do not answer they will move on to the next waitlistee?