1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Buffalo

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Student10019, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Student10019

Student10019 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got put on the alternate list there. Does anyone know how this is different from a high priority waitlist that others have been talking about and saying that it was the only list they have.

I interviewed the first week in April, and the letter made it sound like everone who interviewed that day got put on this list.

Any info would help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. princessa

princessa Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I too interviewed the first week of April and haven't heard anything. What in your letter made you believe that everyone who interviewed that day has been placed on the alternate list?

4. Student10019

7+ Year Member

It started off saying the committee has finished interviewing and we have filled our class.

It goes on to say that the remaining candidates will now form our Alternate list.

I am wondering if this is the same as the waitlist?

5. Student10019

7+ Year Member

Sorry for the confusion. I just called to find out what was going on. People were accepted and rejected. The alternate list is their final ranked list that they use to offer spaces. The difference between the waitlist and the alternate list is that you can be rejected from the waitlist.

6. MF

MF Junior Member

I was just put on the alternate list and also interview in the first week of april. What does it mean?

7. guavero

guavero Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello,

I was put on the alternate list as well. Are you also in the highest priority? Mine said something like i was placed into the highest priority part of the alternate list... is yours similar as well? :)

El Tico

8. TweetiePie

TweetiePie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i was interviewed in march and got placed on the highest priority alternate list, whatever that means :rolleyes:

9. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc
    7+ Year Member

I talked to Dr. Rosso.

He said you can't find out your ranking.

How did you guys find out.

AK

10. johne

johne Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

When I received the letter I was happy that I made another cut. However, now I find out that some received highest priority designations and yet they won't tell me MY ranking.
    Basically I'm back to square one.

And what's with the July 1st sentence? Do I have to wait that long?

11. chemE

chemE Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed April 10, the last day of interviews and I received my alternate list letter yesterday. In the body of the letter they say that I've been placed in the "highest priority alternate list." I think that's what the other posters are talking about. As for rank, I don't think we can find that out either.

12. guavero

guavero Member
    7+ Year Member

So... is there or is there not a difference between the highest priority alternate list and the alternate list? Or there's only one list that we all fall into?

El Tico

Hey Tweetie which day in march did u interview? :)

13. johne

johne Member
    7+ Year Member

I have to check my letter again but I am not on the high priority list. I am bummed because I went to great lengths to communicate my interest in the school. I also interviewed in October. Does your letter mention that after July 1st you will receive a call and if you do not answer they will move on to the next waitlistee?