Bugs and Drugs on COMLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rickettsia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a first year DO student, and I'm wondering which sources are most complete for the content on COMLEX. I don't know a lot about the exam, and it seems that there aren't many review books designed specifically for COMLEX. If I wanted to make a list of all the drugs and micro stuff that are fair game, which source(s) would be best? Also, if I wanted to start studying over the summer or at the beginning of next year, which subjects would be most helpful to study at this point? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

More or less USMLE prep plus Savarese

-First Aid
-Goljan Rapid Review
-UWorld
-COMBANK... seems to be gaining popularity, I've liked my experience with it so far
-Savarese

Last edited by a moderator:
First Aid is a must and then what the above poster said for completeness. Also, I tried the whole "study over summer" thing and it lasted for about a week. If you wanna do something useful for yourself down the road spend the summer doing research. What you study in the summer you will not retain. And the 2nd year contains a HUGE volume of material in which a lot of the material is first year carry over framed in a more testable disease relationship. Wait till you have a full two years (or at least one and a half) to start getting after boards. Just my two-cents for what it is worth

If there is one thing I wish I had done sooner, it was annotating CMMRS into FA for micro. It took me almost a week to cover it all during my first pass. I included things like lab characteristics, virulence factors, other diseases not listed in FA, etc. I wouldn't use it for the drugs though. Seems to be a little out of date for that. If you don't want to use CMMRS, try Bug Cards. I have them and they cover a lot of the material. I just added some things onto each card, like buzz words, locations, vectors, etc.