Building a Reputable Academic Online Identity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NicoleEdu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to extend the opportunity to all pre-med students and those preparing to apply to medical and other related schools to participate in a site I launched this week called EduDeposit.com

EduDeposit offers the chance for high school and college students to take control of their online academic identities by providing a free publishing platform to display their finest work in a way that makes their names discoverable to recruiters, both college and professional. As more colleges and prospective employers turn to the web to informally find out more about potential new employees or students, they will be rewarded by finding an educational bio that gives a student’s educational background and interests as well as links to pieces of that student’s best writing, both academic and creative. Additionally, this website gives students the chance to view the work of others at their same college and to see what kind of writing is typical of those at other institutions. In short, EduDeposit presents not only a vast opportunity for students to network and discuss the writing of their peers, but offers a sound and self-provided example of quality writing for the world to see.

One benefit for those applying to schools where you must compete to gain entry is that you will be able to see what topics others applying to (or in) your desired institution are writing about. One should not underestimate who will search for you online using keywords such as your hometown or university and it is up to you to make sure that the first results are favorable and accent rather than detract from who they see on paper.

This site is something of an experiment. I have, as of right this moment, something like 8 registered users but what they have posted is amazing. Please, I beg you to join me or at least to visit the site and determine for yourself if this is something you want to be affiliated with.

Thanks! Contact me from the contact link on my site and tell me this is where you found me. I'll reply immediately.

Nicole
http://www.edudeposit.com

Members don't see this ad.