Building school list from scratch, help! (Calling GORO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hollywood Mike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first time actually making a thread, typically I just observe. As the title suggests, I need help building my school list from scratch since I am applying next cycle. Here are my stats:

-3.85 cGPA, 3.95 sGPA
-33 MCAT
-"Top 20" Pre-med undergrad school... for whatever it's worth
-Neuroscience major, chem minor
-FL resident
-White male
-EC's are average (I'd rather not list everything to save time, but I can promise they are neither under- nor overwhelming)
-Considering DO and MD

If I am missing anything, let me know. Thank you guys/girls for your help. Much love.

Members don't see this ad.

This is my first time actually making a thread, typically I just observe. As the title suggests, I need help building my school list from scratch since I am applying next cycle. Here are my stats:

-3.85 cGPA, 3.95 sGPA
-33 MCAT
-"Top 20" Pre-med undergrad school... for whatever it's worth
-Neuroscience major, chem minor
-FL resident
-White male
-EC's are average (I'd rather not list everything to save time, but I can promise they are neither under- nor overwhelming)
-Considering DO and MD

If I am missing anything, let me know. Thank you guys/girls for your help. Much love.
Show us what you have so far. Is your MCAT balanced?

Show us what you have so far. Is your MCAT balanced?
12 PS 11 BS 10 VR, all I have so far are my Florida state schools, but that is only 8 ish so I need about 12 more
(UF, USF, UCF, Florida State, Nova, FAU, Miami, FIU)

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you looked through the MSAR?
Yes but when I did it I went through and ended "favoriting" 40-50 schools, which made it an essential useless exercise. At least if I can get some ideas from SDN then I go back with a more realistic approach

Yes but when I did it I went through and ended "favoriting" 40-50 schools, which made it an essential useless exercise. At least if I can get some ideas from SDN then I go back with a more realistic approach
Did you look at OOS interviewed and matriculated numbers under Acceptance Information?

Bring down your list based on their acceptance info and what chances that gives you as well as schools' missions. Then pick a spread of a few reaches, a bunch that fit your stats well, and some "safeties" and post us your list for feedback. Also be sure to let us know how many schools you want to apply to and any regional preferences when you post your list.

Reactions: 1 user