Bummed Step 1- help with studying for step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cardiologist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My Step 1 scores unfortunately isn't great 204/84. I honestly don't know if I could have studied more. one mistake that i did make though was not taking any of the NBMEs to assess where I was. I was just going with my UW scores (55-65%).

Regardless, i do want to apply to a good IM academic program since I want to do a fellowship.
Everyone's telling me to do well in step 2 ck, for obvious reason. I will really appreciate any help and guidance about how best to study for it. I am planning to take it in August 2010 so that I can report my scores in ERAS.

uNFORTUNATELY, i don't have any real time off for this. So I have to study in between clerkships/weekends.
will appreciate all your response especially from ppl who were in my boat and really rocked step 2. thanks guys and g'luk to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I am in the same boat you are. Just hang in there and try to do well in your rotations. Sorry I can't I offer any actual advice but I thought I would post at least something positive for a fellow student :) good luck!

Hi,

I am also in the same boat, and seeking advice on how to study for step II. I want to study for step II early on during rotations, but there seem to be so many resources everyone is suggesting. I made the mistake of getting lost with too many sources for step I, and i want to avoid that. Can anyone please recommend 1-2 HY sources to use per rotation? Also, what do those of you who did kaplan think of it? Is it good to follow if you start early on or ditch it and stick to blueprints/clinical cases/step up/etc?