Burn out...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I've maxed out. I'm so freakin' tired of studying for this thing. I don't feel like I'm learning anything else or improving.
Progress thus far:
Diagnostic: 24
FL 1: 28
FL 2: 32
AAMC 4R: 31
AAMC 8: 28
FL 3: 30
FL 4: 30

I think I'm done with Kaplan FLs now. I'm going to take AAMC 9 tomorrow, identify my weak spot, and spend the week looking over the test and problem areas. Next weekend, I'll do the same for AAMC 7. I think I'll take Sunday-Tuesday off the week of the exam, and then study for about 1-1.5 hrs a day for Wednesday-Friday. Hopefully, this will take care of my "burn out" problem. Any other advice? Anyone going through the same thing?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a pretty good idea you have.you've done well. Just concentrating on your weaknesses will cut down your study time and give you the biggest return on your investment of time. finish all your planned full lengths.

I think concentrating on your weaknesses in the lat few weeks is where the score jump on the real deal(compared to practice) happens for some people.

Good luck.

SeminoleFan3 said:
I think I'm done with Kaplan FLs now. I'm going to take AAMC 9 tomorrow, identify my weak spot, and spend the week looking over the test and problem areas. Next weekend, I'll do the same for AAMC 7. I think I'll take Sunday-Tuesday off the week of the exam, and then study for about 1-1.5 hrs a day for Wednesday-Friday. Hopefully, this will take care of my "burn out" problem. Any other advice? Anyone going through the same thing?

Don't despair, I know the feeling. Last year I went through the same phase. You're doing solid on your diags., and people often score even higher on the real deal. I went up two points from my last practice to the actual exam. Try to do what I did - relax your last week as much as possible. I only glanced at some very minor things a few times during the week, and especially the friday before...you dont want to burn out right before the test. Hang in there! :thumbup: