Burned-Out! Just need some encouragement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2TIM4:7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've done Qbank, IVQbank, BRS Path/Physio, Katzung Pharm, USMLE released...so all in all >5000?s.

I'm just very tired...I was supposed to study through tuesday, but I stopped today. :oops: The worst thing i wanna do is burn out and so I wanna reset my brain.

Thursday is my exam. :)

Members don't see this ad.

2TIM4:7 said:
I've done Qbank, IVQbank, BRS Path/Physio, Katzung Pharm, USMLE released...so all in all >5000?s.

I'm just very tired...I was supposed to study through tuesday, but I stopped today. :oops: The worst thing i wanna do is burn out and so I wanna reset my brain.

Im taking it tuesday
Im in the same spot you are...through q bank 1.25 times. Brs physio path, HY neuro and embryo,FA more times than I can count...and I can't bring myself to look at anything tight now...I just want tuesday to be here...AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!...I hate this.

sometimes you've just got to stop. and that's not a bad thing! good luck on your exam...mine is next thursday. I think sometimes when you get to that point, you're brain is trying to tell you, "stop! i know this already!" so maybe it's a good sign that you already know it all!

I have to ask, is this normal? Did other prople feel like this a day or two before there exams?

Members don't see this ad :)

Well, you want to be able to rest for at least half of wednesday. If you're toast, give yourself a day to recover, then hit the high yield or weak stuff on Tuesday. Give your pharm and micro charts/ flash cards a look Wednesday morning.... rent a movie that afternoon and relax.. You will be good to go if you've been putting the time in up until now. Good luck!!

Well, I feel like that too, except that I think I may not be "good to go," just really tired of looking and not really remembering. I'm finding myself having to study up to Wednesday, try to review everything Wednesday/Thursday, then take the exam Friday. Can't wait for it to be over!

You remember more than you think you do. It's natural to freak out. I used to feel very unprepared if I didn't look at EVERYTHING the morning OF a test. Very short term memory. Just give yourself a breather and you'll feel better. Then focus your studying. It's more about studying smart.

Stop studying. My week before Step 1, I was doing 350 Qbank questions a day. I got burned out a few days before the exam and spent those two days playing Day of Defeat. :)

You are not going to forget everything in 4 days.

Thank you guys/gals for your responses! :) I feel better and will take your advice on not studying anymore. I am just going to review FA today and tomorrow to refresh my memory.

I am going to spend Wednesday with my soon-to-be wife. :) (We just got a plasma TV for our wedding gift, and I'm gonna rent some movies that day!)