Burnout research and statistics in America

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

domineus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am at that crucial period trying to add some research to psychology. I have grown very interested in burnout, in lieu of the fiscal budgetary changes that have rocked the US health industry as a whole. My question is this:
Does anyone know if there is a national survey that measures burnout of mental health practitioners on a year (or a decade) basis? I noticed that England performed a similar survey in 2002
http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/188/1/75.abstract
and are doing another national survey for the coming year. Is there an American equivalent of that survey? I'm trying to determine the level of burnout from prior conditions to current conditions (e.g. the budget changes in American mental health)
It's not a homework request, but if anyone has seen such a survey, please let me know!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This would be really interesting to read about --- I hope someone responds with information about this. Does the U.S. Dept. of Labor have anything useful?

surprisingly no. There's a bit more research outside of the US, but in terms of the specifics I'm asking, not a lot. Which is quite a shock