burnt out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sendwich

you rock!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm planning on taking the april mcat but feel overwhelmed with so many seemingly-"roadblocks" things in my life. it's been really hard fully concentrating on the stuff.

any advice?

and no, as much as i'd like, NOT taking the mcats is not an option :(

Members don't see this ad.

If the MCAT is a must in April, as it seems, then you need to step back and reevaluate. I know, it seems like everything piles up on you and of course, there is real life as well to contend with, but don't feel like you're alone. Taking the MCAT at anytime is a major ordeal for anyone, but it's not the end of the world.

My suggestion: Take a break. Go and do some of your hobbies. Or take a short vacation - doesn't have to really be elaborate, just go somewhere you can forget about it for awhile. Also, be sure to maintain a good balance of play and work time. Eating and sleeping right is good too for maintaining your mental and physical health. Exercise and activity can help you feel good about yourself, you'll relieve stress and really, you'll feel better because your body will release endorphins.

In the long run: just stick with it, but know it's not the end of the world. and IMO, it's all about maintaining a balance...Gluck! :thumbup: