BUSDM some doubts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GKG

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Especially for those already at BU or going to join in fall, when i recieved my acceptance , they sent me an estimate of 77000 USD for one academic session , the tuition for fall semester was mentioned to b $32000 and for spring was $23000 , $ 10000 for instruments ( round figures) and collective expenses to b, like i mentioned $77000, In my I - 20 which i recieved three days back the tuition is $40000 and other expenses to b $16000 ( approx) nothing is mentioned regarding instruments etc. i am confused
1) DO we have to buy instruments for advanced standing program
2) what is the regime for fee payment ( i mean do v have to pay for the whole term or 9 months or semester)
Anyone who has more idea about this , kindly help
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dear GKG..

As far as I know, you do not have to purchase any instruments prior to commencement of class.. I would go by the amount mentioned in the earlier estimate, not whats on the I20. And I THINK you pay every 6 months.. this is what I was told at the time of my interview, I didn't follow up on it cos I withdrew. You might want to call them up and find out.. always the best way.

Tasha

Ya,call up and ask them!!thats the best you should do.
take care

Members don't see this ad :)
hey gkg,
r u on student visa?how much do u have to show as liquid assets to obtain a students visa?
whn do have to pay the first semester tuition fees?
hey pinktooth, back home??? :) did u get anything frm bu?

Hi Ann i still have to file for a visa , but i guess whatever amount they've mentioned on the i 20 needs to b proved in Liquid assets , the amount should cover the expenses for first year of education and one needs to show the means to provide for remaining years.

thanks gkg,
does tht mean for student visa u have to show only 56000 as liquid assets?
can u change to student visa in the middle of the term or after one semester?

Hi,
I too am accepted at BU :confused:
But I am confused too. If you want to discuss, please give me a call at 6178345578.
Seems that no one knows exactly what is going on :scared:

Hope to talk to you soon.
Thanks

HI Ann i don't think visa sttatus can b changed in the middle of the term ,everything regarding visa processing has 2 b done before the classes begin

Ann 03 said:
thanks gkg,

I too would like to know about this ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

hey guys
I am going to NYU but I also have to get student visa. I have already filled the AFCOE form for I 20 and then once I recieve the I20 I will send the documents for Student Visa...I can tell you what I have done for all these procedures..let me know if anyone wants to know about it.
regards
Ketu

ketu229 said:
hey guys
I am going to NYU but I also have to get student visa. I have already filled the AFCOE form for I 20 and then once I recieve the I20 I will send the documents for Student Visa...I can tell you what I have done for all these procedures..let me know if anyone wants to know about it.
regards
Ketu

Hi ketu,
I am interested to know everything in detail .Please let me know .........
thank you..............

hi rajkang,

you are not perfactly right here.....as you can change your status any time if you are on h-4 visa...but for those who are on f-2 visa , have to change their status before going to school.
take care.
priti.

Ann 03 said:
thanks gkg,
can u change to student visa in the middle of the term or after one semester?
hi ann
did you speak with the INS person, if you want I can give you their number. they can answer your questions well.

Hello everybody....I guess changing from H4 to F1 is possible...but when you do that you need to maintain a full-time student status...also in some states like Texas(not sure)....H4 students need to pay only the instate tution....which might be cheaper... also the fees you pay is partly tax deductible if on H4 and your spouse or whoever you are dependent on is paying your fees...

hey does F1 students get loans here to pursue dental studies...without a green card holder as a co-signer...I believe some schools do help you with loans...for international students.....any idea...anybody?????

Hi Ann i was not sure about your status ,so i mentioned "i think " in my reply, wasn't trying to mislead you in any way . I wrote what the VO told me when i was granted the US visa , may b he did not mean the same for all categories of visas.In any case i apologize for posting the wrong information ( wasjust trying to help!!!!!) :oops: :oops: