Quantcast

Business card for medical school fair. Thoughts?

Free Sample Essays
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caligurlmed2015

Reaction score
An advisor said that I should bring business cards with my name, email, and maybe field of research to a medical school fair. Thoughts?

Also how should one stand out at a medical school fair?

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No. When you register you may be asked for name and email address and maybe area of interest (if there is more than just med schools there). That information will be provided to the schools attending the fair so that they can follow up (spam you) later.

Reactions: 1 user

Ioannes Paulus

Reaction score
LOL
My undergrad had a "medical school fair." It was so pointless and useless.

caligurlmed2015

Reaction score
A resounding no.

How can this fair help me in the application process besides giving me more information about the school?

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A resounding no.

How can this fair help me in the application process besides giving me more information about the school?
it cant, it is solely is for information. Attempts to impress and be memorable usually are only achieved by those who are so over the top its leaves strong negative impressions

Reactions: 1 users

secretje

Reaction score
@gonnif @Goro @LizzyM @gyngyn

What type of things should I be looking in a medical school? I'm trying to think of questions that aren't on their websites :confused: I don't want to sound dumb :\

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 3 users

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
@gonnif @Goro @LizzyM @gyngyn

What type of things should I be looking in a medical school? I'm trying to think of questions that aren't on their websites :confused: I don't want to sound dumb :\
perhaps questions that you actually have or should at least have thought about. instead of worrying how not to be dumb but think about being sincere and honest. how the school may be a fit for you or how you be a fit for the school? perhaps a real question on what you envision yourself as doctor and how that school may help you achieve that vision?

Reactions: 1 user